S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

1998 Blazer won't start.

Search this Thread

Old January 2nd, 2016, 2:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 Blazer won't start.

A few days ago I was heading to the store, I started my blazer and backed out of the driveway, looked at the dash and all of my gauges were dead, no transmission position either but the vehicle was still running. so I drove parked back in the driveway turned it off then tried to start it again, it wouldn't turn over. I got the batter checked and charged but it still wouldn't turn over. When I turn on the ignition the dash backlight comes on as does the radio and heater fan if I have them turned on but none of the gauges or transmission readout.
Old January 3rd, 2016, 11:40 PM
CF Junior Member

check all of your fuses inside and under the hood. relays too.
Old January 4th, 2016, 11:36 AM
CF Beginner

Sorry, I should have updated.

I check all the fuses and relays, I also switched out the starter relay and it still didn't work. The relay did however click when the ignition was turned. We are leaning towards a bad ground to the starter but it hard to get to the starter so we might need to tow it to a mechanic. I checked continuity between the negative post and various parts, the alternator was grounded as I expected and all the pullys but when I check various parts of the block itself ánd the frame there was nothing. I was just using a standard digital multimeter set to continuity.