S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

2000 S10 Fuel Pump

Search this Thread

Old September 30th, 2007, 11:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 S10 Fuel Pump

Please Help! I am trying to replace my fuel pump. The fuel lines are attetched by some plastic fasteners. I called our parts store and they said it required a specialty tool. Well, I went and purchased this, but it does not work. I cannot even concieve the idea of how these these come apart. Please help me out. My truck is on ramps in the driveway, and the tank is suspended on the jack. I have no vehicle until I can get this fixed. Thank you so much for any help that you can give.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 2:16 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2000 S10 Fuel Pump

hello tg30, sounds like you have recived bad advice, the best way to get to your fuel pump is from the top of the tank you need to remove the bed. its not as hard as it sound and you can get to the top of the fuel pump and the conectors/fule lines much easyer. no special tool needed, there should be three lines at the top of the pump they have slider clips/sleeves ofplastic on the line, squize the clip and pull the line off try not to lose the small plastic o rings. theline in the middle is easy to take off ,the outer lines are the squize typy and are 2 different sizes. try using small pliers or needle nose pliers on line tabs. i know pulling the bed sounds odd but its the best way. there are 8 bolts holding it down.you have to diconect a few conectors by the rear bumper..make sure you disconect the battery first,and the bulb sockets from the rear light housing.and the gas filler neck.thats pretty much it,, it takes 2 good backs to lift bed over fender wells good luck.