S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

4L60e problems

Search this Thread

Old April 8th, 2008, 1:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60e problems

Hey guys I was hoping someone could please help me. See I have a 97 s10 blazer and the problem started a few months ago when the tranny started acting like it was slipping. (meaning the rpm's would wind high until the truck would eventually creep up to a decent running speed) I parked it for awhile then one day I decided to drive ti around the block. When I did, It ran fine. I drove it around for a few more minutes and it seemed to be running just fine(my only concern was that it runs at about 2300 rpm in overdrive). Also another problem i am wondering about is that when i got under the truck the exhaust was still cool to the touch but the tranny was so hot I could barely touch it. Anyone got any ideas? Could it be the torque converter?
Old April 12th, 2008, 9:21 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 4L60e problems

that problem could be somthing as small as the torque convertor or something as big as the servos going out in the tranny.

the servos are what controls switching of gears within the transmission. if a servo is not fulling engaging a gear, it will cause the transmission to slip and run at high rpms. i would take it to a transmission shop around you and have it looked at.

i wishi could help more, but unfortunately that is one of those problems that is hard to diagnose without actaully driving or seeing the vehicle.