S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

96 sonoma electrical loss

Search this Thread

Old November 26th, 2017, 10:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 sonoma electrical loss

My 2.2 sonoma 2wd truck (gmc's version of an s-10) would die intermitantly but could get it restarted & would run fine for a while. I got a"service engine" light. Code was P1406 which I believed to be EGR problems. I pulled the valve, cleaned, checked voltages at the 5 pin connector plug. The 12v power source, 5v reference pin & the pintle position voltages where good. With the egr valve off of its mount I started engine to check if the passage way was open, which it was. I shut off the engine. Now I have no instrument warning lights, turn signals inside or out, running lights, no voltages at the egr connector(with valve connected or not), the code reader will not electrically connect with the vehicle. The starter works but engine will not start. These are the fuses that have No power to them when the key is on: gauges, eng, ecm, turn, crank, illum, air bag. Are there any suggestions out there.

Last edited by barnescm; November 26th, 2017 at 8:07 PM. Reason: I found the problem.
Old November 29th, 2017, 8:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the gauges should have a 12v battery supply, then an ignition turn on. i would check the output voltage of the ignition switch, should have 12 volts on the pink wire and the pink/white wires with the key on.also the orange wire should be hot as well