S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Alarm goes off By Itself & Power Locks Don't Work?

Search this Thread

Old September 17th, 2021, 1:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm goes off By Itself & Power Locks Don't Work?

Hi, I have a 2001 Chevy S10 Crew Cab Pickup, a couple mornings ago, I was drinking coffee and my factory Horn/blinking lights OEM alarm went off for no reason. I don't have a key fob, I bought a key fob last year but, it would not program so, I guessed it didn't come with a fob when new.....anyways, I turn the door lock with the key and the alarm shuts off. I put key in ignitiion and it fired right up and no security light illumination so, thats good. I tried to lock the doors with the button and they won't lock; when I hit button, I hear the relay under dash clicking and the driver door lock makes a faint sound as though it's trying to lock? I googled researched this and found nothing conclusive. Does anyone have any idea what I should look at? I could manually lock the doors but, not with the electric drivers door switch....none of the locks work with switch and I tried the passenger side door lock switch and that does not work...I wiggled the wire harness going into the door and nothing changed so, I'm gonna pull door panel off this weekend and any insight would be helpful....Thanks Gene