S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Another 88 Chevy s10 problem

Search this Thread

Old August 2nd, 2006, 12:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another 88 Chevy s10 problem

Hey there guys, well I'm back with another problem yet again. I finally took my truck out of the shop and spent another 300 + for them to figure out what was wrong with my truck and the problem was that the lines to the pump were shorted out. Well so I drive my truck shortly after the shop closes and it starts dying on me again going down the road. I'm going nuts now. I was reading my maual trying to figure it out again and it mentions EECS there could be a problem. I was thinking too it was the idle speed, but I turned it up and it was dying still. It can't be anything to do with the fuel system (It's all been rebuilt/new.) It does it every so often but not all the time now. Only 3-4 times between point a to point b. ( lol. ) But when I apply the brake the RPM's drop, and drop, and drop, and it dies if I don't give it gas. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks alot,
-Matt-
Old August 5th, 2006, 1:59 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Another 88 Chevy s10 problem

Have you checked for vacume leaks yet? I don't know what the original problem was or if I replied in your other thread. But what leads me to a vacume leak is you saying your hitting the breaks and it dieing.