S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Brake Bleeding Help

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2017, 6:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Bleeding Help

Hey everyone new here and hoping you could help. I've been working on my Uncle's 99 S10 ZR-2. It needs all kinds of help, but anyway it has a lot of brake issues. I've replaced all four calipers, pads, rotors, all the rubber lines, and every metal line except for the two lines that run from the master cylinder to the abs unit. When it came to bleeding the only thing that bled fine was the passenger front caliper. I can't seem to get anything to come out of the bleeders. The front driver's caliper has fluid at the banjo bolt and if I take the bleeder completely out there's a little but of brake fluid, but I can't seem to get any pressure. I pulled the lines on the rear and found fluid at the banjo bolts, but nothing at the bleeders. If I remove the bleeder entirely and have my helper press the pedal I can hear a little bit of sitting, but nothing beyond that. As far as I know the master has never been allowed to run dry. I've ordered a mityvac hand pump and I have a new master that I'm going to bench bleed and try, but I'm running out of ideas and hoping someone can give me some direction.

Thanks for any help!