S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

did some shopping!

Search this Thread

Old June 7th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Site Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default did some shopping!

to releave some of the stress of my day. I bought a new intake

and a new molding strip for my front grille (from my botched painting job

Old June 8th, 2009, 12:05 AM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

You need to send it down here to NC. I can lay a hell of a paintjob on a grille
Just wish it was deer-proof...

Nice intake btw. Does it have a full heatsheild?
Old June 8th, 2009, 8:21 PM
Site Moderator

It wraps around about 1/2 of the cone. I am going to make myself one from the plans on .com when Gary made his. I found that one night while searching on google and decided I will give it a try. I'm going to paint mine black and get some chrome door edging for the top and hose for around the hole and the bottom.

I didn't paint the whole grille, just the chrome strip and the lower chrome upper bumper. I am going to repaint that black. I wet sanded the chrome strip and it was coming along fine until I got to a part that was partially dried and I sanded it and scuffed the chrome and scratched it. I could go to the junkyard with hopes, but those are usually scratched to all hell from the dirt and rocks or broken from front end collisions. If they are in good condition, they don't last long. I decided it was better to buy a brand new one, the car show is in a few weeks and I want it looking good.

Last edited by davtak; June 8th, 2009 at 8:24 PM.
Old June 8th, 2009, 10:44 PM
CF Monarch

Yeah I made a fully functional heat sheil like Gary did. I want to re-do mine sometime and make a full box, isulated, with an opening to the hole in the radiator support behind the headlight.
Unfortuantely I'll have to relocate my alarm speaker and of course the idiots left just enough wire to reach the speaker.

I gotta get mine show-shape. Theres an SUV class in a show coming up, so I'll actually be competing instead of just showing it off as usual.
Old June 10th, 2009, 8:15 AM
Site Moderator

I just like being able to have people check out my blazer. I don't expect to win anything. Dave (blazin4x4 over on gmtf) won best in show last year. Some of the other blazers and suv's are by far more modded than mine. Last weekend a buddy of mine and I were cruising the pike (main strip in my area known for hangouts and illegal drag racing) and we were goign mini golf and go-carts. We stopped down at Burger King for some food and they were having a cruise night. I pulled in and they started to usher me into the show lane. I told them I was only there to get some food lol. Saw some nice cars too, I was watching from inside the resteraunt, people were checking out my blazer lol.

The heat shield I have on there right now is all crappy looking, starting to rust a little. It was cheap anyway off fo ebay. The upper intake tube a while back got taken off due to a hole. I was driving and it felt a little wierd. I popped the hood and poked around. I checked all the clamps on the intake and the maf and they were all snug. I don't remember how I found it, but the upper intake tube was resting on a pipe right next to it. Not sure if it was the master cylinder or what it is, but I'm guessing from all the vibrations of driving and stuff, it wore a hole right in the tube. I took it off and put the stock tube back on and it is fine. That is why I bought an itake with a one peice upper tube instead of a two peice.
Old June 10th, 2009, 2:28 PM
CF Monarch

Yeah I see what you mean.
I won't be far away from re-vamping my intake. I want to get everything show worthy and the chrome pipe is scratched horrendously.
Old June 10th, 2009, 2:30 PM
Site Moderator

BUMP! Get this! Talk about luck! I got an email from the company that sold me the intake off of ebay saying they messed up on their inventory and they don't have anymore raw chrome ones, that they only have powdercoated ones and they would send me a powdercoated one for now extra charge. They normally charge for powdercoating, not sure how much, but their ebay page said they do. Talk about right place right time, huh! Hopefully they have a black one, I wanted to get a black powdercoated one in the first place, but wasn't sure how much it would cost. With shipping, the intake was 50 something bucks and I wanted to save some cash.

Ah-hahaha. I thought I was double posting, that is why I bumped it lol. You posted right before I did.
Old June 10th, 2009, 2:36 PM
CF Monarch

Thats great! You must have a horse shoe up your ***. lol
Old June 10th, 2009, 4:25 PM
CF Beginner

how much difference have you noticed from your KNN cold air intake? i am going to put a LT1 in my blazer when i get out of the army but it is gonna take like 6 months or longer for paper work to go right should i buy one until or just wait

new guy by the way be patient with me lol
Old June 10th, 2009, 7:14 PM
CF Monarch

Quite a difference.
Especially with the A/C on. The Lag from the compressor seem to affect it less.

Quick Reply: did some shopping!