S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

HID and Projector ?????'s

Search this Thread

Old July 28th, 2010, 4:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID and Projector ?????'s

Does anyone know anything about changing the headlights to either HID or projectors?I was thinking about getting the the whole setup, comes with housing, bumper lights, wiring harness and bulbs.
So, my question is can I just plug them in and go or do I have to get anything to make these work safely? I was told by someone before not to use the factory wiring, but just wanted to get some other opinion's. thanks in advance.

could I just plug these in and go?:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

or these?:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
Old February 8th, 2011, 11:42 AM
CF Beginner

Hey, Did you ever get anywhere with changing the headlights and HID's? I put in projector lights with an HID kit and it was crap. The lights looked good but the light output was crap... so dark in fact that I had to drive with the high beams on to see anything.... From what I found out is that the projector headlights are not made for HID's.... or at least I have not found some that are yet...
Old July 24th, 2011, 9:22 AM
CF Beginner

What kind of projector light (Sonar / Spyder) and what HID Kit came with it?
Old July 25th, 2011, 4:36 PM
CF Beginner

I bought the lights at carid.com, they came with Notto SE bulbs. As far as my lights, I bought the R8 LED with the halos. There's only 1 headlight with the R8 LEDs. I played around with the hid's but you have to put spacers behind the bulb to back the bulb out of the housing to make them look right. It's kind of the same effect as a maglite flashlight where you can twist the head of the flashlight to adjust it. It basically pulls the bulb in and outof the housing to adjust the light output. Problem is waterproofing and securing the bulb web using spacers. I was using washers. I got aggravated and went back to factory lights. I may consider going to lightwerks and have some built... Or trade it in on a Denali )