S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

HP Curious

Search this Thread

Old June 14th, 2008, 4:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP Curious

I have an '04 Blazer with the Vortec 4300 V6 in her. im curious about increasing my HP and Fueld Efficiency.
I know i can add a cold air intake, an electric fan, and a throttle body spacer, and i know a port and polish would help too.
Im wondering if there's anything else i can do, such as super chargers for example or anything else.
Thanks for the help.

Ahkala-
Old June 16th, 2008, 11:31 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: HP Curious

yes you can SC, but depends how much power your going after, and how reliable you want it. if just toughining the truck up, I suggest basic mass airflow, TB, Exhaust(headers for more) minexpand cat back pipes and add a magnaflow or flowmaster will improve both power and fuel effic. K&n or green for a little extra as well. there are also chips available but not much gain.
Old June 16th, 2008, 11:39 AM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

If you are looking major power, just do a google search for Rear-mount turbo blazer. There are guys all over the net that have done it.
Old June 17th, 2008, 9:15 AM
CF Beginner

If you want something you can just screw around with on the daily commute to work, I would suggest doing the usual intake/exhaust/headers setup. A port and polish is quite pricey, and for that money you could find some free-er flowing heads off ebay or your local performance shop. Also upgrading your spark plug wires and putting in diamond fire spark plugs will increase fuel efficiency.

If you want full out raw power, I suggest doing a new cam, definitly do heads, and a small turbo such as those on the Syclone/Typhoon.

Best of luck, and if you do anything radical, please post pics!
Old June 17th, 2008, 10:18 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This may sound unrealistic but you could do the 350 swap. You could even pickup a whole 95' Caprice for around $1500 and donate the LT1 to your truck and still get around 22mpg.