S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Idle misfire & slight stall

Search this Thread

Old August 10th, 2011, 12:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle misfire & slight stall

So, I recently purchased my truck in North Carolina and it made it here to Illinois before it had any problems. The problem is that it is misfiring during idle and it has a slight stall at acceleration. Otherwise, it runs good for having 213K miles on it. One thing I did notice is that it is running rich. Although, running rich isn't horrible I am thinking that has something to do with the problem. I was thinking the EGR valve is clogged. This truck was well maintained cosmetically but motor wise the previous owner had no idea what he was doing. However, I'm afraid that it may be more major than that. I ran fuel injector cleaner through it in hopes that will help a little before I can get an EGR valve and see if that's the issue. I'm wondering if this is a common issue and what you guys have found the problem to be so I don't blindly throw money at the truck. By the way, just to tell you there is NO codes.
Old September 8th, 2011, 2:59 PM
CF Beginner

i have the same sort of problem because when i am going at the speed of about 30 and i floor it the car does not downshift and catch speed like it should does anyone have any idea what this could be?????? Cell: 414-559-5204 you can txt me
Old September 9th, 2011, 4:55 PM
CF Beginner

It could be a number of things. I actually replaced the fuel return lines the fuel regulator then it's been fine ever since. Does the car smell of gas all the time? In my case it was getting too much fuel.