S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Immoblizer help Please !!

Search this Thread

Old February 13th, 2011, 5:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Immoblizer help Please !!

Hi all, I just joined, but have been using another Blazer forum for some time. I have a MAJOR problem at the moment, which may mean I have to junk a perfectly good truck.
My Blazer is a Right hand UK spec truck. There is a major difference in the immobilizer system, still called passlock, but on euro/uk models it is worked by the keyless entry fob as follows, unlock with the remote and you have 2 minutes to start the engine, after that immoblizer cuts the spark after a second or so, so engine turns, fires, dies. OK, now my problem, my key fob has died, no spare, so I can't start the truck, only solution take it to a GM-US main dealer over 300 miles away ! Since the truck is US made (Linden NJ) I can't belive GM would fit a unique system in the US for UK exports, so does anyone have any knowledge of this at all, any GM certified techs perhaps or even someone involved in factory production or design.
Getting information about US GM products in a nightmare in the UK, there are plenty of GM dealers (Vauxhall/opel) and even Chevrolet dealers selling the re-badged daewoos but they won't touch "proper" US chevys !
Old February 13th, 2011, 8:08 AM
CF Junior Member

have you tried replacing the battery in the fob?
Old February 13th, 2011, 8:32 AM
CF Junior Member

I thought I would post this to try to help you out..... The Passlock family has two basic relearn procedures—a ten-minute procedure and a thirty-minute procedure—and which one you use depends on the system and what components have been replaced.
The ten-minute procedure involves trying to start the engine. If nothing happens or the engine starts and dies, the security light will be flashing. Wait ten minutes. The flashing light should go off or illuminate without flashing. When it does, turn the ignition off, wait twenty seconds, and then try to start the engine. If it starts and runs, everything is okay. If you get the same result as previously—nothing happens or the engine starts and dies with the security light flashing—wait ten more minutes.
You will now begin the thirty-minute relearn procedure, which is just the ten-minute procedure repeated three times. After turning the ignition off for the third time and waiting for twenty seconds, the engine should start and run. If it doesn't, there may still be something wrong with the system.
After the learn procedure is completed and the engine is running, the security light may stay on steady for a few minutes and then go off—this is normal. Depending on the system, replacement of key components will necessitate that a relearn procedure be completed. These include the ignition lock cylinder, Powertrain Control Module (PCM), Body Control Module (BCM), or Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC).