Show Off Central Come right in and post pictures of your ride, latest modifications, etc. All makes and models welcome!

big sexy got new cab lights

Search this Thread

Old March 12th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice.. you should just come over and do my lift and ele. fans while your at it......
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:08 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

yer gonna have ta supply the duct tape and bailing wire. i'm almost out.
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator

lol you must of removed the bailin wire and ducttape when u took the pics..
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:11 PM
CF Veteran

nope. strategic placement
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

lol your telling me it took you 2 hours to figure out where to put the 2 sided duct dtape at??
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:16 PM
CF Veteran

yeah, so?!

here's rednek creativity for ya. the lower lights are mounted to a piece of 1 1/2"x1 1/2" white "L" flashing made for roofing which is attached to truck by 1 1/2"X1 1/2" "L" brackets. tell ya what tho, looks damn good, even up close.
Old March 13th, 2010, 1:38 AM
CF Veteran

that thing is lit up like a xmas tree.haha. jk. looks good tho.
Old March 13th, 2010, 10:49 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by s34n
that thing is lit up like a xmas tree.haha. jk. looks good tho.
preeshyate that. tryin to figure out where i can put more.
Old March 13th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Classifieds Moderator
TruckForums Liaison

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, Looks sweet! How was the wiring set up on the cab lights? We've got a Black 06 Duramax and for some reason the *(&)(*s at GM decided that they were going to make a Big *** Truck without the lights :O What's up with that?? Anyways, how much drillling did you have to do? Did you have to run wires or are they already there? How did you seal it? How are they hooked up?

Thanks

And if you want another suggestion for where to put lights, I recommend one of the LED taillight bars that goes between the tailgate and the rear bumper. It's easy to wire in and looks flipping sweet!
Old March 13th, 2010, 11:47 AM
CF Veteran

i ordered a cheap set of lights off ebay. the hardest part of this was all the measuring to get them straight and right. i did quite a bit of rednek ways, but measurements came out dead on. (used a 4' level, chalk line) luckily the chalk washes off. i used the ridges in the roof to measure for center point about mid cab. then used the level and chalk line to get these reference points to the front of cab. then measured the heck out of everything to make sure it was all even and straight. drilled three holes per light, 2 screws and one for the wire. i ran a single, 14 gauge wire up to the roof, then used quick taps at each light. the lights came with a gasket for sealing, but i also used small rubber grommets, sealed the inside with silicone. now, i ran into couple snags drilling the holes. put my lights right where i wanted them, which happen to be where structural bracing was on the inside. little work with drill bits, hole reamers, made just enough room to get a wrench in there. i used nuts and bolts to hold lights on. took me about 4 hours. probably would have been longer if i fully removed the headliner. took out enough to get headliner to drop where i needed it. i did flex and bend 'liner a bit. wasn't too worried tho as this isn't a show truck. turns out, you can't even tell now that it's all back together.

Quick Reply: big sexy got new cab lights