HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

Hhr guru

Search this Thread

Old April 5th, 2022, 1:48 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hhr guru

Was wondering if I could help anyone. Questions are welcome and discussed in detail.drop me a line
The following users liked this post:
sundaymoney (December 10th, 2023)
Old April 5th, 2022, 7:45 AM
CF Monarch

Received 362 Likes on 343 Posts

Welcome from Florida.
Old April 5th, 2022, 8:15 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by oldchevy
Welcome from Florida.
thank you. Hope I can help
Old May 24th, 2022, 8:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 hhr radiator and fan replacement

hi, my radiator fan shrouds broke on the highway and busted small holes in my radiator, so i just got done changing everything out and adding a gallon of unconcentrated coolant and a gallon of water to start with, and for some reason when i turn it on to make sure everything went well, the rpm keeps hitting over 3000 without me even touching the gas and everything starts to smoke again. and my engine just sounds like ****. is it something i did wrong or did the radiator breaking on the highway bust my engine?
Old May 25th, 2022, 2:15 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Radiator problem

There's a good chance it may have damaged your head gasket. It would explain the white smoke in the exhaust. The head gasket may have been failing beforehand, and that was what it needed to finish the job.its usually a matter of temperature with these cars
Old August 10th, 2022, 2:24 PM
CF Beginner

Default Sluggish

I have an 06 2.2 L automatic... I've had it less than a month. Just switched from a 2009 Honda Accord. It was also a four-cylinder, but it had a lot more power than this HHR does. What can I do to gain some horsepower?

Anyone...? Anyone...?

Last edited by Superpaige; August 15th, 2022 at 3:18 PM.
Old April 27th, 2023, 3:25 AM
CF Junior Member

Default Racing engine

Originally Posted by ezink
hi, my radiator fan shrouds broke on the highway and busted small holes in my radiator, so i just got done changing everything out and adding a gallon of unconcentrated coolant and a gallon of water to start with, and for some reason when i turn it on to make sure everything went well, the rpm keeps hitting over 3000 without me even touching the gas and everything starts to smoke again. and my engine just sounds like ****. is it something i did wrong or did the radiator breaking on the highway bust my engine?
racing engine.
Old April 27th, 2023, 3:31 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by HHR guru
racing engine.
hello.the problem may be that you dislodged an injector.solution is to replace all seals in your injectors.outter seals. Looks like a wide washer that fits into the intake chamber.. it's about 3/4 inch wide rubber seal that goes on the outside of the fuel injectors.replace all of them and let us know.hope it helps you
The following users liked this post:
Khoy1hhr (October 25th, 2023)
Old October 25th, 2023, 8:18 AM
CF Beginner

Default Need help 2007 hhr 5 spd, 2500 rmps

Hi new at this hopefully figure out how to get back here to view a response from somebody with an answer.
ISSUE: Started to run rough, cleaned out throttle body, now races 2500 to 3k, replaced coils & plugs codes P0171 and bank 1 lean. Cleared codes and still the same, without touching fuel and clutch in as soon as car starts drifting backwards to leave driveway idle goes up to 2500. I'm completely lost, keep clearing the code and issues is the same. When first started idles fine, but touch the fuel and game over. If I turn on AC it pulls it back down some but then goes back up. Any help would be appreciated. Don't know if giving my number is a rule breaker but not sure if I'll be able to see any responses so here's my email and number to anyone that can or wants to call me about issues < personal info removed -mod> I can never get into my Gmail but thats another story lol.
thanks
Kenneth Hoy
Khoy1hhr

Last edited by mountainmanjoe; October 25th, 2023 at 2:21 PM.
Old October 25th, 2023, 8:31 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by HHR guru
hello.the problem may be that you dislodged an injector.solution is to replace all seals in your injectors.outter seals. Looks like a wide washer that fits into the intake chamber.. it's about 3/4 inch wide rubber seal that goes on the outside of the fuel injectors.replace all of them and let us know.hope it helps you
will do along with intake seals already ordered, ty!
and bookmarked to help get back here, thanks again!

Quick Reply: Hhr guru