Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Equinox interior trim removal

Search this Thread

Old August 5th, 2022, 5:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Equinox interior trim removal

I have a 2012 Equinox and need to remove the passenger A Pillar and drop down the headliner to access the sunroof drain tube.

can anyone tell me how to remove the A Pillar trim and loosen the headliner?
Old August 6th, 2022, 1:15 PM
CF Beginner

Since yesterday and while I am waiting assistance on trim removal I have elected to cover the suspect sunroof drain hole with elastomeric tape (Eternabond). I figured that might stop the leakage and the three other drain holes might carry the load. So far, so good.

Still need help on removing trim so I can reconnect the draintube.

Stan
Old August 8th, 2022, 9:09 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by StanT
Since yesterday and while I am waiting assistance on trim removal I have elected to cover the suspect sunroof drain hole with elastomeric tape (Eternabond). I figured that might stop the leakage and the three other drain holes might carry the load. So far, so good.

Still need help on removing trim so I can reconnect the draintube.

Stan
I no longer need info on trim removal. I’ve discovered how and share it as follows:

* slide the visor to the end of the bar. Remove the three screws that hold the mount to the roof, Then remove the circular trim disc by prying it off its mount.
*. Remove the two hex bolts that hold the grab bar from the roof (passenger side only). Remove the grab bar by pulling it firmly to release the friction mounting pins.
*. Now the headliner should be free enough to permit the easy release of the APillar trim peace.
*. Use a small pry bar or flat screwdriver to slowly,pry the top of the pillar trim piece away from the pillar. There are no screws holding the trim to the pillar. Pulling the trim piece firmly but but carefully away from the pillar should release its friction mount from the pillar. Do not pull it more that 3” away from the pillar. Once opened the drain tube should be visible at the top front corner of the sunroof.
*. It is highly likely the leak is caused by the disengagement of the tube from its corner mount.
* clean the top end of the tube, lube it with a suitable glue and reinsert.
*. Before reinstalling, pour some water into the sunroof drain tray to test for proper drainage,
*. Reinstall the roof material and test again.

Stan
The following 2 users liked this post by StanT:
HighleyBlessed089 (May 8th, 2024), Moonwink (May 9th, 2024)
Old May 8th, 2024, 11:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been looking and looking for this information, all the videos on YouTube show you how to fix the sunroof drain thing after they've already removed all the paneling! So frustrating! Going to give this a try today just wanted to say thanks and good looking out