Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Error Code P0299 - Turbocharger low output

Search this Thread

Old December 28th, 2022, 6:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Error Code P0299 - Turbocharger low output

I received this error Code the very first extreme cold days of winter 2022 in Manitoba, Canada. Issue was a frozen Turbocharger. Only resolve GM has at the moment is to thaw it out. Only prevention is to basically keep the vehicle parked in an enclosed building when not in use. Preferably heated. Tough situation for most equinox owners north of the Midwest. We can only hope that GM engineers come up with some viable solution over the next 3 years.
Old December 28th, 2022, 11:01 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by JetsFans13
I received this error Code the very first extreme cold days of winter 2022 in Manitoba, Canada. Issue was a frozen Turbocharger. Only resolve GM has at the moment is to thaw it out. Only prevention is to basically keep the vehicle parked in an enclosed building when not in use. Preferably heated. Tough situation for most equinox owners north of the Midwest. We can only hope that GM engineers come up with some viable solution over the next 3 years.
1. Heated blanket or similar.

2. Hot head hair blower.

No one is gonna change a thing on that CHEAP turbocharger. Semi-Truck Turbochargers have no such issues. They work; they last along time and they don't freeze-up.
Old April 30th, 2024, 10:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0299 code only when turn on AC

I get this error code when it's extremely hot out and about 5 minutes after turning on the AC. I bought my 2019 Equinox Premier Sept 2023 at a dealership 3 hrs from when I live. It was hot out and when we got home that night the car was smoking and leaking oil everywhere. Took it to a dealership here and found the vacuum pump seal was blown. Dealership I bought it from paid to have it fixed but since then when I turn on the AC that code comes up and get underboost off engine only. I hook up my code reader and that's only code so I turn off AC and clear code then car runs fine. So is there something blocking the vacuum pump to the intercooler or is the turbocharger freezing causing intercooler to freeze.