Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Brake lights not working, it's not the fuse or the switch. 2013 Express 4500

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2024, 2:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake lights not working, it's not the fuse or the switch. 2013 Express 4500

My Chevy 4500 cutaway bus has no brake lights. I replaced the cabin fuse (it was blown), but that did not fix it. I've confirmed power to the fuse box. I replaced the brake switch and that didn't work either. It has LED lights and I inspected the connection, all was good. The running lights are in the same bulb and they work. I'm pretty certain the brake lights aren't stuck on because their just not that bright. While it's a chevy cutaway, the bus was built by Champion Bus Inc. I don't know for certain who would have ran the wiring but my only other thought is there might be an in-line fuse somewhere. I'm at my wits end and the next step is to re-wire everything....... I really don't want to do that. Any ideas?

Ps the engine fuse box does not have a brake light fuse listed (although an online search listed #13), all fuses in this box have been checked and good.
Old May 9th, 2024, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 626 Likes on 567 Posts

fuses blow when there's an overload. Measure/inspect the wiring front to back with a meter to locate faults/damage. Schematics can be found online at charm.li or gmupfitter.com