Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

FOUND! Very rare 1988 Chevrolet Suburban "OutDoorsman" package just purchased.

Search this Thread

Old June 15th, 2024, 10:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default FOUND! Very rare 1988 Chevrolet Suburban "OutDoorsman" package just purchased.

I recently acquired a 1988 Chevrolet Suburban Outdoorsman that I didn't even realize was an official package available from Chevrolet back in 1988. When I began researching what the fuel tank size was and found an original 1988 Suburban sales brochure, I found that the Outdoorsman package was a factory option. Our Suburban is fully complete except for the fiberglass color matched roof rack covering. I have not been able to find any other example of an Outdoorsman package other than that found in the brochures and

in the 1988 Dealer Ordering Guide where it shows the RPO as TCE which is also on our SPID tag in the glove box. Can anyone shed some light on this rare option package. Build quantities? Are there any out there in collections? We plan to fully restore this unit to it's original luster and glory but hope to also find specs on the fiberglass topper so we can have one built for it.