Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Fuse Box (Under the Driver's Seat)

Search this Thread

Old July 14th, 2024, 11:35 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Fuse Box (Under the Driver's Seat)

I finally got rid of that thing. I never liked that fuse box being there. I no longer have it in my truck. Instead all the fuses are likely going to move over between the seats under a false floor. In the past I dreamt about putting them above the head visor for easy access. I have thought about the console area as well, but it seems simple enough to bury them under a false floor.

One day I will take some pictures, but I am just lucky that I am spending the time working on the van. I have moved my amplifiers. I just have one more to put in. And I am back to the same old thing. Mounting a computer screen for a mobile office on wheels. It's insane looking back. At first I wanted to keep everything original. Original GM wire, original GM connectors,...

What a waste of money sifting through all the things I bought trying to keep my truck is if came stock with any modifications. Now I know what I would buy if I was to do it all again. I have this truck for nine years and I have never set up the way I intended. With my current direction, any modification / changes will easy to do, simple and sensible. I do have more work to do though.

Gas will be $10/Litre by the time I am finished.
Old July 15th, 2024, 1:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never had issues with mine, but better safe than sorry i guess.
Old Today, 2:06 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by heavychet
I've never had issues with mine, but better safe than sorry i guess.
I don't think anyone will have issues where GM placed it unless they want to store things under their seat, or actually try to pull a fuse / work with the fuse box. For as much electrical that I have messed with with my truck, I don't want that fuse box there. I was to see it. I want to easily access it. I want to pull wires, add wires. I would rather that have been in the dash like I see with Silverado's and the like, but... maybe it's a blessing in disguise being there. They give ample wire and the means to put it elsewhere.

I was looking at schematics for a 2016 GM full size SUV today. I am glad these vans are simple. With the amount of options and the wiring involved on fully loaded pick ups and surburbans,... it would be nightmare trying to customize anything.