New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Greetings from Finland!

Search this Thread

Old Today, 1:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings from Finland!

So, due to unforseen consequences I'm now part of the club apparently. So hello!

Long story short, over here we have mainly tiny cars that can't pull proper trailer loads. I needed one rather fast for clearing up the old folks yard and for towing a rather large shipment from port.
So I started bidding at auctions and, rather surprisingly, became an owner of a 2011 Tahoe all of a sudden.
Don't get me wrong, it looks absolutely beautiful, gonna pick it up tomorrow. Miles? oh yes it has miles, a whole 260k of them. Expect me to be a complete newbie and asking around about random issues in the near future, biggest car I ever owned was a Nissan with a 1.8L turbo.
But this ain't about that. Just saying hello and yeah, hello!
Might add that I fixed a Vauxhall CDI unit in the past using a saw blade without a handle and an oven.

Last edited by Pandabird; Today at 1:45 PM.
Old Today, 2:01 PM
CF Active Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome!

Just make sure the Tahoe has the full towing package before pulling too heavy of a load with it. Especially with that many miles on the engine and transmission.

Good luck!
Old Today, 2:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jfmorris
Welcome!

Just make sure the Tahoe has the full towing package before pulling too heavy of a load with it. Especially with that many miles on the engine and transmission.

Good luck!
Perhaps exagerrating a bit when talking big, but you know, 1-2 ton machines on a trailer. Roughly 5000lbs tops. Believe it or not, not many vehicles over here are rated for even 3000lbs pulls.

Last edited by Pandabird; Today at 2:10 PM.
Old Today, 2:13 PM
CF Monarch

Received 355 Likes on 336 Posts

Welcome from Florida.
Old Today, 2:17 PM
CF Active Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Pandabird
Perhaps exagerrating a bit when talking big, but you know, 1-2 ton machines on a trailer. Roughly 5000lbs tops. Believe it or not, not many vehicles over here are rated for even 3000lbs pulls.
Well, here's the deal. The 2011 Tahoe *can* tow up to 8500 pounds *IF* properly equipped. I would check the RPO code sticker inside the glovebox, and use the RPO decoder at decoderpo.com to see. Here's an article that might help, that pertains to that specific year model Tahoe:

https://towstats.com/2011-chevy-tahoe-towing-capacity/

Looks like a 2WD version of the Tahoe with the 5.3L can pull UP TO 5500 pounds even without the towing package, depending on the rear axle ratio. With the towing package it goes up to 8500. The 4WD version appears to tow a little less.
Old Today, 4:15 PM
CF Veteran

Received 214 Likes on 188 Posts

Welcome from the great Pacific NW!! Enjoy your "Big Ride"!