Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2015 Equinox Will Not Start. Short in steering gear.

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 8:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Equinox Will Not Start. Short in steering gear.

Needing some advise from the group. My 2015 Equinox will not start. To be more specific, when I turn the key from run to start upon inserting the key, the dash board goes dark and everything shuts down. No power to anything. Once I let go of the key and it automatically returns to the run position all dash board elements come back on. There is an error mentioning the Power Steering system has been disabled. I have checked all fuses and relays. Replaced the starter in case it was malfunctioning. I finally surrendered and had it towed to the dealer. They got back to me and told me the steering gear is shorting causing the power to go out upon trying to start. The crazy thing is I got a quote to replace the power steering column for $6500.00. Just wanted to see if this actually sounds like it could be the problem, and if this service with parts and labor should be this high of charge. Thanks for all your help.