New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)
View Poll Results: Should I trade them all
Yes
0%
No
0%
Sell the newer ones 97 n 07
0%
Build a race truck scrap all of them get the best parts and then have a fast s10!
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Nashville newbie here with '07 problems.

Search this Thread

Old October 12th, 2024 | 4:43 PM
CF Beginner

Default Nashville newbie here with '07 problems.

New member active Chevy owner 3 to be exact
1991 s10 2.5 l a vin 2wd 220ooo miles. Antiqued n not running anymore.
1997 k1500 5.l 4wd extension cab 230k miles
​miles . Hasn't been driven in 4 years due to truck is a piece of crap had it for 8 months and starter stall could not get to fire pet cracked the block where the starter mount lines up so I went to rebuild builder tried screwing me and come to find out it is a 2001 motor and has been pulled and replaced before actively building two 5.7's one from a 94 and one from that truck as well both in a long block state.

Now come to the problem child

When the 97 broke down had to have something as son was born just weeks prior and on the way **** is a 2007 Chevy Silverado new body stuff 5.3 l four-wheel drive transmission went out after drive shaft broke and rear end locked up from pinion being seized after pinion seal on rear end inverted d crush sleeve and completely failed locking the right side break up shattering the drive shaft and the transmission casing leaving the four-wheel drive completely intact axles are fine but have brake problems
As wheel speed sensorssuck On these trucks so the output shaft sensors and input shaft speeds if there's in the transmissions Well
Replace transmission come to find out it was from a 2005 Cadillac EXT with no input speed sensor problem is I cannot get it to shift and drive correctly anymore now I have a PO300 code oh no Well then the sensor has been glued in on the camshaft. Only found this out after trying to trace down wire problems after having the truck for 4 years and one year after transmission ducked up n replaced. Also annoyeds in easily changeable items in transmission cleaned fluid brand new filter brand new drive shaft brand new chunk

Actively repairing all my broken crap Chevy owner AKA Scooby

I work as a mobile welder doing repairs around Nashville and it seems that I should be buying aftermarket parts and just building the **** out of it because every time I buy or try to replace repair the stock stuff it seems to start a new problem. Cannot get camshaft sensor to come out of engine block All this due to wiring issues giving me problems with shifting and starting and being stuck in that mode
I've had the transmission supposedly flashed by a dealership and they said nothing is wrong with it should be good got it back nothing changed but need to diagnose this 0300 code cuz now I cannot start it as a it's been 6 hours trying to get this stupid sensor out at the parts store with brand new part can I get it out so had to have it towed home where it sits for 2 weeks now. Going to remove cam pulley and try to use a puller as there's not much left of the sensor anymore. Have an aftermarket tuner as it is just an edge products older one does not do much but before I had the transmission replaced I did not have AOD or active fuel problems now all of a sudden I feel it almost every time and everywhere I go shift points are weird and erratic even had a transmission tune removed with the tuner I have still has not changed anything thinking about having my old transmission put back in because it actively leaked about a gallon of fluid a week but it worked perfectly still.

I said mobile welder and I can repair and fix almost everybody else's stuff but when it comes to my piece of craps they are still just pieces of crap on my '07 I spent way too much time and money and have done upgrades on the appearance of the vehicle and everything else and want to finish it but if it's going to give me more problems I am almost about to be done with it would love to trade all three of them for something nice and reliable work vehicle but also at home vehicle as I have multiple kids one young @ 4 and two juvenile 16 n 14 but lazy. My 4-year-old wants to fix things with me The other two I cannot get to leave their room The 16-year-old doesn't even want to drive but wants to call the Infinity which is a 2013 all wheel drive sedan g37x with less than 100,000 on it "here " "where as she can't even know how to change the oil check the brakes check the floods give it gas nothing.

Anyway hello I'm here I have more problems than you know what to deal with If anybody in Nashville I want to come by and smash it with a hammer for me I would love
Old Yesterday | 4:33 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum. You should post your question regarding the '07 in the Silverado section of the forum where you'll get more views as this is the Welcome New Members section.
Old Yesterday | 10:29 PM
CF Senior Member

Well, sounds like you've had some bad luck, but more from buying trucks that were worn out and fixed incorrectly or misrepresented. I've got a 1996 and a 2006 Chevy truck that have been some of the better vehicles I've ever had, but I've also owned them for most of their lives.

Hope we can help out if you have specific questions to ask over in the Silverado GMT900 forum, or the C/K 1500 GMT400 forum.