Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

05 Cobalt dotrieor lock issue/alarm/key fob

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 8:42 PM
CF Beginner

Default 05 Cobalt dotrieor lock issue/alarm/key fob

Hi all, I have a 2005 Cobalt with door lock issues. It started off that the fob wasn't disarming the car, so when you open the door, the alarm goes off until you turn the car on. You could lock the door but couldn't unlock the door with the fob. So tried getting new fobs and doing several different variations of programming the fobs, which hasn't done anything. Now the original fobs don't even lock the doors. So doing more research it seemed the driver door lock/unlock switch wasn't working well. The door **** wouldn't go up and down when locking or unlocking, but other doors worked fine. So I got a new switch and replaced that. It works but the **** still doesn' go up and down when locking and unlocking and the key fobs still aren't working or reacting to efforts of programming. I've checked the door lock fuse and it's fine. I've heard it could be any number of things including something near the radio, which didn't make sense. Anyone else run in to something this crazy or thoughts on what to check?

Thanks
T
Old Today | 2:17 PM
Super Moderator

if the power locks work normally by the switch and not the fob: have someone program the fobs with a scan tool.
you may have deleted all fob programming in your attempt to program the new fobs.

Last edited by tech2; Today at 2:18 PM.