Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

No Headlights on Express 3500

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 9:09 PM
CF Beginner

Default No Headlights on Express 3500

I just bought a 2004 Chevy Express RoadTrek 190. I have no headlights either low or high beam. When I pull on the switch the high beams come on then off when I realease the switch. When I turn on the rotary switch, the lights do not come on, but I do have the green headlight dash light on.

I would like to have the headlight diagram so I could get an idea of what the debugging route to take. Not really interested in replacing parts just to replace parts without proper debug techniques.

I live in Texas. The van came from Virginia where it was not able to pass inspection. I expect the no pass inspection probably had to do with the headlight issue.
Old Today | 12:13 PM
CF Beginner

Smile

Thanks much for the thread https://chevroletforum.com/forum/exp...diagram-85456/ which has the headlight diagrams and comment about ground.

II removed the electrical plug from the light rotary switch and the headlight now work. I again removed the plug and put dielectric coating on the plug and reinstalled it a few times to distribute the coating.

I would expect the dielectric treatment may be appropriate for many such connectors.