Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Stupid power steering pump

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 1:44 AM
CF Beginner

Default Stupid power steering pump

I'm SO confused right now. So I got a new powersteering pump. Put it in, but the pulley does not line up. What has me confused is it lines up with the pulleys below it, but not the ones across (towards the back) of it. How does that even happen? Nothing seems loose. I didn't adjust anything back there. Wtf? Any ideas please? This shouldn't be THIS difficult even for a beginner like me.
Old Yesterday | 6:38 AM
CF Monarch

Does it have 1 serpentine belt for everything, or is there a second belt? Sometimes a second small belt is used for one of the accessories.
Old Yesterday | 1:04 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by oldchevy
Does it have 1 serpentine belt for everything, or is there a second belt? Sometimes a second small belt is used for one of the accessories.
only one. After I looked at it again, its only the pulley on the power steering pump that isn't lined up. I returned the one to oreillys & picked up one from autozone which turned out to be the exact same one. im stumped. 2 sights saying its a fit for my car,. What am I doing wrong? Aside from getting cheap parts from oreillys & autozone. Lol. I have no choice. I put all the money I have into this pump & without my car i have no way of making money.
Old Yesterday | 1:06 PM
CF Veteran

Do the new pumps look identical to the original one??