Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

Speakers stopped working

Search this Thread

Old June 28th, 2012, 8:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speakers stopped working

I just bought my wife a used 2009 Traverse LT, and the other day she hit the turn signal and the speakers completely stopped making any noise. Now there is no sound coming from the radio, the blinkers, or the door chime. I checked several fuses, all of which were fine. I don't know what else it would be. All suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
Old June 29th, 2012, 2:32 PM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Do the turn signals still work? Does the radio lights come on? Sounds like a short somewhere. Need more information.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 8:16 PM
CF Beginner

Everything still acts normal. The blinkers still work, the radio still comes on and seems to operate normally, except there is no sound coming out for any application. The only change is that there is a complete lack of sound coming from the speakers.

Last edited by billyclub1080; July 2nd, 2012 at 8:18 PM. Reason: forgot something.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 12:01 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by billyclub1080
Everything still acts normal. The blinkers still work, the radio still comes on and seems to operate normally, except there is no sound coming out for any application. The only change is that there is a complete lack of sound coming from the speakers.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Is the amplifier fuse still good? Otherwise, I also suspect a short. You may want to consider having the vehicle inspected by a certified technician for an official diagnosis.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old August 31st, 2013, 7:44 PM
CF Beginner

This same issue happened to my wife's car today. I checked all fuses as well and they all looked good. What was the outcome from the dealership?
Old April 13th, 2014, 5:26 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by billyclub1080
I just bought my wife a used 2009 Traverse LT, and the other day she hit the turn signal and the speakers completely stopped making any noise. Now there is no sound coming from the radio, the blinkers, or the door chime. I checked several fuses, all of which were fine. I don't know what else it would be. All suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
What did you do to resolve this issue? I'm currently having the same problem
Old April 15th, 2014, 6:43 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey Jsmitty53,

I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this concern with your vehicle. I am not properly trained to offer technical advice, but I will be glad to look further into this for you. Please send us a private message referencing this thread if any extra assistance is needed. We look forward to hear from you!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
The following users liked this post:
audreyg123 (January 17th, 2022)
Old April 28th, 2014, 1:22 PM
CF Beginner

Bump it up.
Old May 9th, 2014, 1:52 PM
CF Beginner

Just so everybody knows it was the AMP that went out. $218 for a new one off eBay. Fairly easy change right under the dash by the parking brake. I think the reason it went out was because my drain line from the sunroof came apart at the firewall and water ran down it and got the amp wet.
Old July 10th, 2014, 9:18 PM
CF Beginner

Exclamation Speaker not working goes in and out

I have just recently began to have this problem. I took the Traverse in to have the side view mirrors repaired after they both stopped working. I was excited to have them working again only to gain this problem of the left front speaker not working. I took it back to the dealer to have it looked at and fixed only to go pick the vehicle up and it is still having the same problem. I took advice to have it looked at and they could not find a problem. They said the speaker was connected. This is frustrating because my back up sensors are now much lower, I have no chime at all when the keys are left in the ignition, the lights are left on, and no music is being played through the speaker. Please let me know of something to do. The Dealership is a Chevrolet, Buick, GMC.

Quick Reply: Speakers stopped working