Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Front wipers not working recall

Search this Thread

Old July 11th, 2012, 5:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front wipers not working recall

Just tonight, my windshield wipers were in use, and when I went to adjust the speed of them, they stopped working. I checked the #25 fuse under the hood and it looked good, but replaced it anyways and no luck. Read somewhere that the motor can overheat in tough conditions and it would restart when it cooled down, but this was only in use during a slight drizzle? Any idea if this is the motor or the internal circuit breaker? No sound coming from the wipers when they are turned on. This is a 2010 Suburban. Any ideas on how to fix would be appreciated. Thanks
Old July 28th, 2016, 8:40 AM
CF Beginner

Default Wipers stopped working on Chevy Equinox in heavy rain- repair of Tranmission Wiper

This is a very serious design issue that needs to be addressed ASAP by GM with a recall. If your wipers have stopped on your Equinox in heavy rain and you have had to repair it with a new Transmission Wiper Linkage part: send a letter to General Motors, PO Box 33170, Detroit MI 33170-5170. I have notified GM of this issue which is a fatal problem. Please submit your story with claim # 8-2261613426 for them to compile this information to see if this can be considered as a recall. It will not happen with out you notifying them that you are having the same problem, and it could happen again if this design is not corrected. Please help me address this issue before someone becomes fatality. Please pass on to all Equinox owners.
Old July 28th, 2016, 7:16 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Moved to the Equinox section.
Old July 29th, 2016, 7:11 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by jschoenbine
This is a very serious design issue that needs to be addressed ASAP by GM with a recall. If your wipers have stopped on your Equinox in heavy rain and you have had to repair it with a new Transmission Wiper Linkage part: send a letter to General Motors, PO Box 33170, Detroit MI 33170-5170. I have notified GM of this issue which is a fatal problem. Please submit your story with claim # 8-2261613426 for them to compile this information to see if this can be considered as a recall. It will not happen with out you notifying them that you are having the same problem, and it could happen again if this design is not corrected. Please help me address this issue before someone becomes fatality. Please pass on to all Equinox owners.
It would be helpful if you post what year your Equinox is. If your Equinox is a 2005, then I'd say the wiper transmission is just worn out. There isn't much GM can do about that. If yours is a 2015 and it broke, then I'd say there's a problem that GM needs to address.
Old June 26th, 2024, 10:07 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ruley73
It would be helpful if you post what year your Equinox is. If your Equinox is a 2005, then I'd say the wiper transmission is just worn out. There isn't much GM can do about that. If yours is a 2015 and it broke, then I'd say there's a problem that GM needs to address.
I have a 2018 Chevy Equinox and was caught in a very bad predicament tonight. I was going home from work and we had a bad storm . My wipers did this exact same thing. Stopped working as soon as i needed them to work the most. I have been looking online and it seems like the 2018 model isn't even considered on any of the recalls for this same issue that all previous models are having.

Last edited by Mmoreau; June 26th, 2024 at 10:08 PM.
Old June 27th, 2024, 8:00 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Mmoreau
I have a 2018 Chevy Equinox and was caught in a very bad predicament tonight. I was going home from work and we had a bad storm . My wipers did this exact same thing. Stopped working as soon as i needed them to work the most. I have been looking online and it seems like the 2018 model isn't even considered on any of the recalls for this same issue that all previous models are having.
​​That's because ​​​​​it's a completely different vehicle using completely different parts. 2018 was the first year of the newer, smaller design. It has nothing in common with the older models.