New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

A/c is not blowing cold air

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2017, 10:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/c is not blowing cold air

My 2014 Chevy Silverado a/c is not blowing cold. I bought this truck 6months ago. It only has 50k miles. I went to Pep boys and they told me the bearings in the compressor are bad and i need a new compressor, condensor, drier and some other part. Totaling +1500$
i pay 1000$ a month for this "nice" truck. I live in texas a car without a/c is useless! Im so disappointed!
Old May 28th, 2017, 9:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

guess you didn't buy it from a dealer and get a service contract?
Old May 29th, 2017, 10:55 AM
CF Beginner

Yes i bought it at a dealer and i got the service warranty but it expired a month ago.
Old May 29th, 2017, 8:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

go to the dealer where you bought the vehicle. do not go to a different dealer. Speak to the service sales manager and see it they will speak to the service dept on your behalf or speak directly with the service manager. do no speak to a service writer. be polite and ask if they can do something...maybe they will goodwill the repair.

Last edited by tech2; May 29th, 2017 at 8:17 PM.
Old May 29th, 2017, 10:45 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks i appreciate your help. Thats what i was thinking of doing, but the dealership i got it from isnt too happy with me.

I first bought a gmc from them and crashed it. The ins adjuster said it was repairable. When i took the truck to the repair shop they agreed it would have been repairable except for all the rust. When i told the dealership about the rust and that i just dropped 4k on the down payment a month ago and that now i have to put another down payment to get another truck because of the rust, they took my warranty refund money and used it for the down payment on my new truck. They tried to make it look like they are fixing their wrong even though i know i was entitled to that money. So weeks later i called the financial instution to make sure my account was closed out in good standing to find out i owed that warranty money because gap didnt pay it. When i told the dealership about the remaining balance they said they will pay it. They have been paying me $500 a month for a while and its been over a year since my crash. And its a headache for every $500 check. So i dont think they will be too willing to help. I hope they do though.

Last edited by Jwall; May 29th, 2017 at 10:49 PM.