HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

Inherited HHR

Search this Thread

Old July 20th, 2018, 3:17 PM
Jnx
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inherited HHR

Hi there,
I'm new here, and pretty new to Chevys. I've met them on and off the track, but I'm a Jeep ('46-'95) collector, so am lost: I inherited an HHR, and it up and quit on me pretty soon thereafter. I know it needs a new clutch assembly, but the engine was running fine prior to the clutch going, and ever since taking it to the garage for an estimate on the clutch, the vehicle refuses to hold a charge or turn over. No click, nothing. It had zero starting or running issues beforehand. I'm baffled, and unless my garage screwed me, have no idea what happened. Any clues out there?
It's a bright stinkin red 2009, with zero rust and a rip free interior, it's so wrong to scrap it, but it's just sitting in my driveway, looking woefully out of place. Friends can't drive stick, so they won't take it, and I'm loathe to accept lowball offers for it, as it's still in good shape. Again, any advice?
Thanks so much!
Old July 20th, 2018, 4:04 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Remove the battery, and plce it on a charger, or take it to get tested. Is the battery original?
Old July 20th, 2018, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

what engine?, 5 or 6 speed manual?
They have a great drivetrain.

+1 for starting with the battery...got to rule it out first as part of any starting or charging system diagnosis.