Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Use of a Oil Change Pump

Search this Thread

Old September 16th, 2018, 7:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Use of a Oil Change Pump

Hello
Has anyone used oil change pump for a 2011 Tahoe. If so, does it remove all or most of the oil?

Thanks,
Sal
Old September 16th, 2018, 3:26 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Magnetic drain plugs are better then using a dipstick oil removal plug. You have to change the
oil filter anyhow.
Old September 17th, 2018, 7:13 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use them on my boats all the time.... because of the hull being in the way...
cars have drain plugs... which work... even easier.
or, buy a Tesla
Old September 18th, 2018, 6:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your replies, but me let rephrase the question. Does anybody know, based on the shape and angle of the Tahoe oil pan will a Oil Change Pump remove all of the oil.
The reason I'm interested. I just bough a Mercedes and there is no need to go under the car, the oil filter is on top, so thinking about buying a pump anyway. I just moved to a townhouse, technically your not allowed to repair cars in the driveway. I though it would be more discrete to quickly jack up one side, r & r the oil filter rather than have the Tahoe sit on ramps for the whole procedure.

Thanks again
Sal
Old September 18th, 2018, 7:23 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My last Wrangler had the filter on top. You'd think Fiat was a freaking genius for that.

well, I can't say you will get "all" the oil the drain will get, but I don't see why a pump wouldn't work. The dip stick tube goes right to the oil pan.

This is what we use the boat world:
Amazon Amazon

As far as I know you'll still have to get under the tahoe for the filter...
Old September 18th, 2018, 3:29 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Salvee
Thanks for your replies, but me let rephrase the question. Does anybody know, based on the shape and angle of the Tahoe oil pan will a Oil Change Pump remove all of the oil.
The reason I'm interested. I just bough a Mercedes and there is no need to go under the car, the oil filter is on top, so thinking about buying a pump anyway. I just moved to a townhouse, technically your not allowed to repair cars in the driveway. I though it would be more discrete to quickly jack up one side, r & r the oil filter rather than have the Tahoe sit on ramps for the whole procedure.

Thanks again
Sal
You could drive it up on ramps to get more oil out. Yeah, I got you on the marine motors. Don't know how the oil pan sits on your vehicle however.