New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Which is More Hazardous?

Search this Thread

Old September 20th, 2018, 12:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which is More Hazardous?

Since General Motors contributed Millions if not Billions to Donald J. Trump 2016 Presidential​ campaign because his agenda to relieve Federal Regulations on corporation guidelines to the NHTSA. Then General Motors should eleminate the Service Traction and Service Stablitraction which includes the reduction of engine power. What would be worst in the situation where a 2007 to 2019 vehicles experience engine reductions to the astronomical warp speed of TWO MILES PER HOUR being a safety hazard to other operators of vehicles, creating a traffic hazard and potentially deadly to motorist who haven't have the capacity for thinking to slow down due to a vehicle that has been disabled and forced to reduced it's​ speed not by the fault of the operator attempting to arrive to the desired destination on the shoulder of the road is more likely targeted for a rear or side collision at speeds higher than Seventy Miles Per Hour, or a stranded motorist and vehicle on the shoulder of the road. At least if the vehicle is totally disabled and not able to move, the motorist the motorist will be capable to exit the vehicle and retreat to a safe area while awaiting an wrecker to arrive for transport. For the worst possible hazard to property and of life is the vehicle that had its engine speed reduced. So I propose that if General Motors wants to keep this consumer to continue using it's product then I seriously and emphatically urge Chevorlet and General Motors to invoke a recall on all vehicles that have Service Traction and Service Stablitraction with Engine Reduce Power function from 2012 to the current year models including 2019. This is an addendum to all models that are already included in such recall from 2007 to 2011. Maybe the CEO, CFO, and CIO of Chevorlet and General Motors would like to be subjected​ to testify before a Senate subcommittee of Consumers​ Protection Affairs to avoid answering questions to why the recall on 2012 through 2019 models with Service Traction and Service Stablitraction with Engine Reduce Power have not taken place now but actually stalling to take action by informing all Chevorlet and all General Motors vehicles owners to this Monumental and historic recall? How many deaths must occur before this action begin to start? It will be my honor to initiate my crusade to contact all of the U.S. Congressional and U.S. Senatorial Representatives to bring attention to the malfeasance that Chevorlet and other General Motor brands have perpetrated life threatening and fatal consequences upon the US and foreign consumers of their products if this wide spanned recall is not taken seriously and notify all vehicle owners. Please understand that this post is not in anyway to be taken or misconstrued as a threat for it is not by any means and I am aware that this post will be under review for the allotted time and those administrators and monitors of this forum will determine if this post continues to stay within this forum for the duration. This is not only a opportunity to for me to voice my free rights of speech but the main purpose is to be able to save a life if not mine maybe someone else's thank you God bless.
​​
Old September 20th, 2018, 1:49 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by GMlemoncake
Since General Motors contributed Millions if not Billions to Donald J. Trump 2016 Presidential​ campaign because his agenda to relieve Federal Regulations on corporation guidelines to the NHTSA. Then General Motors should eleminate the Service Traction and Service Stablitraction which includes the reduction of engine power. What would be worst in the situation where a 2007 to 2019 vehicles experience engine reductions to the astronomical warp speed of TWO MILES PER HOUR being a safety hazard to other operators of vehicles, creating a traffic hazard and potentially deadly to motorist who haven't have the capacity for thinking to slow down due to a vehicle that has been disabled and forced to reduced it's​ speed not by the fault of the operator attempting to arrive to the desired destination on the shoulder of the road is more likely targeted for a rear or side collision at speeds higher than Seventy Miles Per Hour, or a stranded motorist and vehicle on the shoulder of the road. At least if the vehicle is totally disabled and not able to move, the motorist the motorist will be capable to exit the vehicle and retreat to a safe area while awaiting an wrecker to arrive for transport. For the worst possible hazard to property and of life is the vehicle that had its engine speed reduced. So I propose that if General Motors wants to keep this consumer to continue using it's product then I seriously and emphatically urge Chevorlet and General Motors to invoke a recall on all vehicles that have Service Traction and Service Stablitraction with Engine Reduce Power function from 2012 to the current year models including 2019. This is an addendum to all models that are already included in such recall from 2007 to 2011. Maybe the CEO, CFO, and CIO of Chevorlet and General Motors would like to be subjected​ to testify before a Senate subcommittee of Consumers​ Protection Affairs to avoid answering questions to why the recall on 2012 through 2019 models with Service Traction and Service Stablitraction with Engine Reduce Power have not taken place now but actually stalling to take action by informing all Chevorlet and all General Motors vehicles owners to this Monumental and historic recall? How many deaths must occur before this action begin to start? It will be my honor to initiate my crusade to contact all of the U.S. Congressional and U.S. Senatorial Representatives to bring attention to the malfeasance that Chevorlet and other General Motor brands have perpetrated life threatening and fatal consequences upon the US and foreign consumers of their products if this wide spanned recall is not taken seriously and notify all vehicle owners. Please understand that this post is not in anyway to be taken or misconstrued as a threat for it is not by any means and I am aware that this post will be under review for the allotted time and those administrators and monitors of this forum will determine if this post continues to stay within this forum for the duration. This is not only a opportunity to for me to voice my free rights of speech but the main purpose is to be able to save a life if not mine maybe someone else's thank you God bless.
​​
Make sure not to tailgate people. And this forum is not for political rants Go speak to someone else..
Old September 20th, 2018, 2:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remember this.

All politics aside. If by some chance, slim to none, mind you, when your driving behind me, I'm driving in this 2012 Chevorlet 1500 Silverado LT pick-up truck and my Service Traction and Service Stablitraction with Engine Reduce Power function message come on my console, the engine reduces my speed rolls to a two mile an hour crawl, your more than welcome to get out of your rig and we can talk about the weather, perhaps maybe something that interests you oilcanhenry. Maybe about the people who we one day hope to meet or see that makes you share a laugh with others or wonder who will take there place when they are gone. Those such as Don Rickles, Johnathan Winters, Robin Williams just to name a few. Not to focus on how or why they left us, but how can we show our appreciation for them now and how can we let them know that since we haven't never met them face to face, or in a crowd, ever able to fill this big void they left behind. You spoke of someone who is close to you past in a tragic accident I too have experienced that same traumatic pull of the heart. Talk about a huge gap in your life. It's simply not easy to forget. Good luck on your project you're working on.We are all searching for answers to the questions within our minds. We haven't found the answers yet but they are there we just have to keep searching. If you do see me in front of you moving as slow as 2 miles an hour. I'll invite you to just ease up to my backside and just give me a ever slight push. After all GM and other companies that makes these safety features on these Vehicles do not realize that this planet is not flat. There are hills and valleys everywhere. Ever driven a vehicle that's 3500 lb. to a 3° degree grade and able to come over the top. It doesn't work for a 2012 Chevrolet Silverado LT 1500 series with the service traction service Stablitraction with Engine Reduce Power function mechanically enabled without operator control. Big corporations such as GM and their dealerships do not or will not respond to repairing these dysfunctional vehicles on their dime, unless the national highway traffic safety administration issues a massive recall on this, they look for it to be the operators responsibility to pay for these replacements. This will continue until some high official family members or themselves are involved in situation such as this whether it be from tailgating or through careless and reckless driving nothing will be done until that occurs. I think it would be neat if all the vehicles in the world happened to stop functioning not just a day a week or month let's go a whole year. That may not happen soon but it probably can happen, someday. I can't expect to be forgiven for a lengthy reply rant. Maybe someone important enough who sees this recognizes this and can sympathize with this would might be able to change the course the way things are maybe not that's my point of view, bleek as it may seem be now, will one day be honest and bright. Have a Great Day, God bless.

Last edited by GMlemoncake; September 20th, 2018 at 3:09 AM. Reason: Misspelling Auto-Voice Correct function poor.
Old September 21st, 2018, 2:31 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by GMlemoncake
All politics aside. If by some chance, slim to none, mind you, when your driving behind me, I'm driving in this 2012 Chevorlet 1500 Silverado LT pick-up truck and my Service Traction and Service Stablitraction with Engine Reduce Power function message come on my console, the engine reduces my speed rolls to a two mile an hour crawl, your more than welcome to get out of your rig and we can talk about the weather, perhaps maybe something that interests you oilcanhenry. Maybe about the people who we one day hope to meet or see that makes you share a laugh with others or wonder who will take there place when they are gone. Those such as Don Rickles, Johnathan Winters, Robin Williams just to name a few. Not to focus on how or why they left us, but how can we show our appreciation for them now and how can we let them know that since we haven't never met them face to face, or in a crowd, ever able to fill this big void they left behind. You spoke of someone who is close to you past in a tragic accident I too have experienced that same traumatic pull of the heart. Talk about a huge gap in your life. It's simply not easy to forget. Good luck on your project you're working on.We are all searching for answers to the questions within our minds. We haven't found the answers yet but they are there we just have to keep searching. If you do see me in front of you moving as slow as 2 miles an hour. I'll invite you to just ease up to my backside and just give me a ever slight push. After all GM and other companies that makes these safety features on these Vehicles do not realize that this planet is not flat. There are hills and valleys everywhere. Ever driven a vehicle that's 3500 lb. to a 3° degree grade and able to come over the top. It doesn't work for a 2012 Chevrolet Silverado LT 1500 series with the service traction service Stablitraction with Engine Reduce Power function mechanically enabled without operator control. Big corporations such as GM and their dealerships do not or will not respond to repairing these dysfunctional vehicles on their dime, unless the national highway traffic safety administration issues a massive recall on this, they look for it to be the operators responsibility to pay for these replacements. This will continue until some high official family members or themselves are involved in situation such as this whether it be from tailgating or through careless and reckless driving nothing will be done until that occurs. I think it would be neat if all the vehicles in the world happened to stop functioning not just a day a week or month let's go a whole year. That may not happen soon but it probably can happen, someday. I can't expect to be forgiven for a lengthy reply rant. Maybe someone important enough who sees this recognizes this and can sympathize with this would might be able to change the course the way things are maybe not that's my point of view, bleek as it may seem be now, will one day be honest and bright. Have a Great Day, God bless.
Lemoncake: Life itself isn't safe. I almost died when I was 10 due to an infection. As for vehicles, there are lots of lemons around, The V-W "bug" was one of them, yet Ralph Nader went after GM over a small car that I drove myself once, as a loner. I found nothing wrong with the Corvair. What about the ford pinto and the gas tank failure?
What about the 1990's ford explorer? I was behind one in my rig when the tires exploded, flipping the vehicle on its roof, with two elderly ladies in it. They lived.

Fact is there are millions of people on the road whose brakes are worn out, yet even in many states where "smog" is a big issue, no one is required to have an
annual brake inspection. Lots of people still use their phones for texting and driving as well as talking, even though its unsafe and against the law. I have seen people reading newspapers, typing on a laptop in the passenger seat, having sex, reaching in the back-seat at 70 MPH to get something, all while driving.

What about all the jack-A$$'s that put 6 or 12 inch lift-kits on their 4x4 pickups? You think that makes them "safer" then the old Jeep CJ-5 I use to own, that never flipped over in a turn, despite all the nonsense about the short track that they had? Not a chance they are, even with full 4-way steel pad disk brakes.

People didn't _want_ seatbelts in the 1950' and 1960's, but you could have the manufacturers install them. You probably think convertibles with no roll bar should be outlawed too, I suppose? People are willing to take that risk, but you wont see me in a convertible. Yeah, lets just outlaw anything that even remotely seems "unsafe", right?

Motorcycles are inherently unsafe, but I still ride them. I know the risks, Everyone who rides knows someone you died riding, but I also know to keep away from cars and trucks, and wear helmets and protective gear, in case I have to bail off it. I dont know where your notion of dead celebrities came from, but John Denver died flying an experimental light aircraft. Maybe we should outlaw those too, as well as hand-gliding, skydiving and scuba diving, all dangerous things to do,

No one is forcing you to keep your Chevrolet. If you feel it's that dangerous, then sell it and buy a non-GM vehicle. Its still a free country, for now, correct?

May God bless you as well, lemoncake.