Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

A/C problems

Search this Thread

Old November 20th, 2018, 4:51 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C problems

i have a 2014 chevy silverado LTZ last year i replace the compressor it went out and it was out of warranty so i had to get money out of my pocket to fix it, now the condensor went out, do yuo know where i can file a complaint?
Old November 20th, 2018, 5:21 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by dcatalan
i have a 2014 chevy silverado LTZ last year i replace the compressor it went out and it was out of warranty so i had to get money out of my pocket to fix it, now the condensor went out, do yuo know where i can file a complaint?
Since you did the work yourself, I doubt you will get very far. Even if the work had been done by a shop, as long as the system held a solid vacuum after putting in a new compressor, there would be no way they could have known that your A/C condenser was going to go south in a year,

Mechanics cant see into the future, they can only take educated guesses, but in your case, no one could have been able to do so, unless there was physical damage of some kind to your A/C condenser back then...

Quality control on parts and cars went away 20 years ago, when NAFTA was signed into law and companies have their garbage made in Mexico and Asia, AFAIAC...

Everyone in places like America want all thier crap built as cheap as possible, so our good manufacturing jobs were sent to places where no one gives a damn about
Q-C.
Old May 23rd, 2019, 7:22 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2014 Silverado Air Conditioner broken

My air conditioner just stopped working. Is there a recall on this issue yet. I started googling and found class action suits against Chevy for this issue
Old May 23rd, 2019, 8:58 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

you generally dont find recalls on non-safety issues. stuff like engine shutting off or loss of brakes or wheels falling off will generate recalls. that would probably be the reason for the class action suit
Old May 23rd, 2019, 9:04 PM
CF Beginner

I get it. It's just ridiculous that a $40,000 vehicle falls apart so quickly. I've had 10 year old cars that had great AC. I had to rant
Old May 24th, 2019, 1:09 AM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

i dont blame you one bit. i would of hoped that after their bailout they would of been doing better but the more electric things you have the more that can go wrong