Notices
2019+ Silverado (GMT-T1) Section for all discussion related to the 2019+ Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra.

2019 Silverado headlights to bright

Search this Thread

Old December 11th, 2018, 5:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 Silverado headlights to bright

Bought a 2019 Silverado LTZ and have been having issues with the headlights. They seem to be to bright. Have had numerous people flash me when driving in the opposite direction and even had someone get out of their car when in front of me to ask me turn off the high beams. They were not on. Went to dealership to adjust and they said they are just suppose to be that way. Anyone have the same issue? Resolution to the problem?

Thanks
Old December 11th, 2018, 9:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

is this vehicle stock....any changes to ride height, wheels, bulbs? Do you have a heavy load in the bed? these change headlamp aim.

find a level area with a wall....drive up as close to the wall...within a foot... and mark the low beam hot spot on the wall....back up 25 feet and the lights should be at the same height...if not go back to the dealer and tell them they are to high.
if the issue glare from a properly aimed stock headlamp system...there is nothing the dealer can do.
Old July 13th, 2019, 9:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have LED headlights, they're much more bright than say halogen. Or at least appear to be because they're much more "white" if that makes sense. I can definitely tell the difference between a car with them and without them. Even more so with a truck cause they sit higher to begin with.
Old July 13th, 2019, 11:44 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

That's just the way they are. I've been in front of them and coming in the opposite direction and I can tell you that they are just that bright all of them.

A friend of mine has one and when he drives at night he drives ready to flash his high beams when somebody flashes theirs at him because it's just that constant.

Even in my suburban I'm blinded by their headlights.