Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

1971 chevy g20 hard to find parts!

Search this Thread

Old December 13th, 2018, 1:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1971 chevy g20 hard to find parts!

hello I have a 1971 3/4ton G20 with front brake drums still installed and I am having a hell of a time finding drums for the front(yes I know I should just do a disk conversion but that is not in the cards the moment) every website I have found on line that has them listed are out of stock the moment i go to order them. the drums that are still on it are too far gone to be machined and are tapered on the inside from wear. Does anyone have any leads or know if drums from say the trucks would fit? I have also been on the hunt for a power steering gear box and have not had any luck with that ether. They seem to sell every part imaginable for the 70s trucks but not the vans.
Old December 13th, 2018, 2:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

Did you try asking at vanning.com?
Old December 13th, 2018, 2:23 PM
CF Beginner

never heard of it i will ask there as well
Old December 13th, 2018, 4:10 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by neverbelost
hello I have a 1971 3/4ton G20 with front brake drums still installed and I am having a hell of a time finding drums for the front(yes I know I should just do a disk conversion but that is not in the cards the moment) every website I have found on line that has them listed are out of stock the moment i go to order them. the drums that are still on it are too far gone to be machined and are tapered on the inside from wear. Does anyone have any leads or know if drums from say the trucks would fit? I have also been on the hunt for a power steering gear box and have not had any luck with that ether. They seem to sell every part imaginable for the 70s trucks but not the vans.
Try RockAuto I think they have them.
Old December 14th, 2018, 11:17 AM
CF Active Member

Classic Industries sells restoration parts for full size Chevy trucks. Might be able to find them there.
Old December 20th, 2018, 11:12 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

Chevy made so many of these for so long I can't believe it's not a super simple swap to just put later discs on it.