Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

New 2018 Impala LS - Please help with three simple mods

Search this Thread

Old January 19th, 2019, 2:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2018 Impala LS - Please help with three simple mods

Just got my new 2018 Impala LS (2.4L). I love it. Just the car I wanted. Very comfortable and I love the design. Very clean, everything makes sense. Feels great on the road. Nice audio system. Great in the snow.

But there are three simple modifications I would like to make. Any advice is appreciated.

1) The trunk lid bounces back from the top position and hits my little girl and I on the head sometimes. I'd like to know if there is a way to make the lid not bounce up and down when opening. Perhaps an after market part I can have my mechanic install.

2) I'd like an 'aux port' to be able to plug in older audio equipment that does not have Bluetooth or USB.

3) Side fender vents. Like on the Buick Lacrosse.

Old January 19th, 2019, 5:29 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1 Not sure what to do about this. The Dealer can probably adjust this for you. My 2014 LTZ does not do this.
2 There should be an AUX Port in the center console. The 2014-17 have them. Check your owners manual.
3 There is a hole in the fender and the sheet metal is formed around the hole that the vent fits in for the Buick Lacrosse, it would not be easy to recreate this on the Impala without cutting and modifying the sheet metal. There is probably some stick-on aftermarket ones, but they might look tacky.
Old January 20th, 2019, 10:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply.

1) An adjustment? OK going to try to see if the dealer can adjust. That would be great. I can see springs in there.

2) I found the aux port in the center console. Great! Thank you.

3) Looking at the stick on side vents. I think I am going to pass. They look pretty cheesy.