Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

ABS light bulb on the Chevrolet Aveo

Search this Thread

Old June 15th, 2019, 8:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry ABS light bulb on the Chevrolet Aveo

Hello!
I have a problem with the ABS light bulb on the Chevrolet Aveo 2007.
I replaced the left-to-front sensor, according to the service diagnosis in my area. The light, illuminates at higher speeds 50-60 km / h, does not turn on at low speeds.
The error code is C0036, it's interesting for that makes a reference to sensor 2 on that left-hand side.
If you have any suggestion for I would be grateful
Thank you !
Old June 15th, 2019, 12:13 PM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Check the wiring to the sensor for a clean and tight connection. Also check the wiring to the sensor as far back as you can for frayed wires.
Old June 16th, 2019, 1:15 AM
CF Beginner

I set up a new sensor, it behaves as before, at low speed does not illuminate the ABS light bulb. At speeds above 50 km / h the ABS light bulb illuminates. I cleaned the sensor connectors, with a spray, I made a car drive with my laptop with diagnosis software running. The wheels are spinning at the same speed, but at over 50 km / h the ABS lamp lights up and indicates that the left front sensor is the cause of the problem!
Do you think the toothed crown, the one the sensor reads, can be cracked at the higher speeds to open and not properly transmit the spin information?
Thank you!
Old June 16th, 2019, 1:25 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Could be a bad sensor. Is it the same as the right side sensor? If so, swap them and see if it now indicates a problem with the right wheel sensor. If it does, it's the sensor. If it still says it's the left sensor, you'll need to to a bit more investigating of the hub area and wiring.
Old June 16th, 2019, 1:59 AM
CF Beginner

The idea is good, I will change the sensor on the right, with the one on the left, if it appears on the diagnosis that the sensor on the right is defective, then I will replace the new sensor!
Old June 19th, 2019, 10:02 AM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up

Hello!
I'm happy to write to you, to let you know how to solve my ABS problem. On the left side of the face, the toothed ring - read by the sensor - was cracked. At low wheel speeds, there were no problems, at high revs the ring opened and the sensor read the rotating information , wrong!
I have replaced the toothed ring and everything has returned to normal. Thank you to all those who helped me with advice. The information I offer can be useful to others with the same problem soon!