Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Rear view mirror upgrade

Search this Thread

Old June 17th, 2019, 8:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear view mirror upgrade

I have a 2018 impala premier. It has the manual rear view mirror. I want to no if I can change to the self dimming mirror.
I did this to an HHR . The wireing was in the mirror but it had a manual mirror. I got a mirror on eBay that was auto dimming,OnStar etc. plugged in the wire to the mirror an it worked. Can I do the same thing on my 2018 impala? Has anyone done this
Old June 18th, 2019, 3:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't believe no one has any info on this topic. I have posted this question on several impala forums,an chevy forums,and no response. I can't possibly be the only person owning the new impala with the manual rear view mirror,that wants to replace it with the dimming mirrow. the self dimming mirror that comes in the impala in the connivance package will replace with the manual,but I want to no if the plug that is used for the self dimming is in the windshield behind the manual mirror..