Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

A/C recharge low port location

Search this Thread

Old June 25th, 2019, 2:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C recharge low port location

Hello Chevy uplanders enthusiast I'm trying to locate the low charging port for the AC unit so I can recharge the freon. Thanks in advance.
Old June 25th, 2019, 10:03 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyme143
Hello Chevy uplanders enthusiast I'm trying to locate the low charging port for the AC unit so I can recharge the freon. Thanks in advance.
It will be on the low-side of the AC system, which is the larger of the lines going into the evaporator (your heater box inside the cabin) or condenser which is the high-side and uses a smaller line and mounted if front of the radiator.
Some vehicles have a light blue cap L-P cap on them, the high side might have a red one. If your system is at atmospheric pressure, you have a big-leak and it will need to be repaired and the atmo vacuumed down to -30 PSI for at least a half an hour, but I will assume its just lost a bit of R-134A.as all AC systems leak a bit of R-134A over a few years
If you are using the cans of refrigerant at the auto parts store. you cant make a mistake as the low-side charge port is larger then the high-side port. Also you might consider using a can of R-134A green UV leak detector, not leak sealant, which is bad news. If you ever have a leak it can be seen with UV googles. Good luck to you! (and please wear eye and hand protection)

Last edited by oilcanhenry; June 25th, 2019 at 10:08 PM.