Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

'07 Silverado Purchase ?'s

Search this Thread

Old December 2nd, 2007, 9:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '07 Silverado Purchase ?'s

I am brand new to the forum and just have a couple of questions for the pro's out there. First off let me thank everyone for the great info that I have already gained from the forum.

I am in the process of looking at a 2007 Z71 Crew Cab.

The couple of questions that I have are the following.
-What should I expect as far as towing. I have a 23' Center Console. I am sure that I should be able to tow it fine but just curious.

-I am looking at the following two packages.
- 2LT w/leather
- 3LT w/ rear DVD player

-How is the truck on a long trip? I have a 2 year old so this is really important. Yes I am used to driving trucks, had a Dodge 2500 and a Toyota Tacoma, both double cab.

My dealer quoted me a price of $30 more a month for the better package. Is it worth the extra money for the leather and the bells and whistles? I know it is all personal preference but just looking for some real world answers out there. I have read about the cloth seats collecting dust and dirt, ETC.

Any help with these decisions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

"The Differecen Between Champ and Chump is in your Chest."

-Lou Holtz
Old December 2nd, 2007, 11:47 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: '07 Silverado Purchase ?'s

Welcome to ChevroletForum.com!!!!!!!!!

Get the highest package you can afford.
Old December 3rd, 2007, 5:51 AM
CF Beginner

[hr]I agree with "engine 2". You will get a better resale price if you have all the options. I'm not a personal fan of leather seats, but I live in the desert. Their to hot for me & they tend to dry out and crack here. As far as towing capability, you won't have a problem. Comfort on trips? You'll love it!
Old December 3rd, 2007, 7:42 AM
CF Beginner

I recently purchased a Silveraldo 1 LT crew cab 4wd with leather and chrome package (20" wheels, chrome steps, mirror covers and handles) for $1200.00 below invoice.

First word of advice, stop discussing the monthly payment with the dealer. Educate yourself and figure out the monthly payment before you get to the table. Use a payment calculator and figure different ranges. For example, 24000 @ 1.9% for 60 months is about ~430.00 mo. Do some different numbers and get them straight in your head. The monthly payment trick is the easiest way for a dealer to maximize the sale price. You will have a comfort range say about $400.00. You want to finance for 60 months. The dealer comes back and says $434 over 72 months. That is a whole year's worth of payments! Watch for their tricks. You must talk "out the door" numbers to keep control over the deal.

Back to your original question. Being that I have a 4 and 7 yr old, leather is a must. Clean up is easier than trying to get stains out of the cloth. That in itself is all the reason to get the leather.
Old December 3rd, 2007, 10:22 AM
CF Senior Member

Welcome to the Chevrolet Forum!!

Old December 3rd, 2007, 5:18 PM
CF Junior Member

i agree with these guys as well, my dad just picked up an 07 and has put about 7000 miles on it and he loves it. he has had to pull our tractor on a 20' trailer plenty of times and has no problems pulling at all and he has the 5.3. if your planning on pulling the camper a lot, i would think about getting the 6.0 vortec max. it will give you the extra power when you need it, and when you arent pulling a trailer, the gas mileage is almost identical to the 5.3l. as for the leather seats i am not a big fan of them, but the new cloth seats on the silverados catches a ton of crap. my dad bought some seat covers for it not too long after he bought it. that was his only complaint so far, but once he put the covers on he said its not a problem. he averages 15mpg city and 19-20 on the highway empty. good luck
Old December 3rd, 2007, 7:08 PM
CF Beginner

I appreciate the replies. I have decided on an LT1 with most of the bells and whistles.(leather, remote start, dvd, steering wheel controls, etc.)

I understand about dealers using tricks and couldn't agree more. This dealer happens to be a great friend of mine and is getting me a deal that others couldn't or more importantly wouldn't touch. Low interest rate, total price, and shorter terms than where I am. A little more money a month but a lot more truck than what I have now('06 Tacoma Double Cab TRD which I love, just need a little more truck for the boat and hey let's face it, it's fun too.)

Again guys thanks for the advice and I'll let you know how it turns out. Can't Wait.

James
Old December 3rd, 2007, 8:03 PM
CF Junior Member

Welcome to the Chevy world. I have always had great luck wearing a Bow-Tie!!
Old December 3rd, 2007, 9:43 PM
CF Junior Member

Enjoy your new truck! I really enjoy my LT2 Texas Edition. I have the leather and am glad I got it after hearing about the cloth seat issue, but dang those seats are cold in the morning!

My only real complaint is the thin paint. Get yourself a deflector for the front.
Old December 5th, 2007, 4:58 PM
CF Beginner

One major and I mean major drawback of the fabric seats..............they are extremely linty. And very hard to get clean if it is a darker color. Go for the leather. I am going to get some aftermarket leather covers.

Go for the HD towing package too!

Quick Reply: '07 Silverado Purchase ?'s