Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Door locks cycling while driving

Search this Thread

Old February 20th, 2014, 3:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too am having the same issue. It started with the truck intermittently not starting, from there when the truck would start periodically the radio would put out no sound. About a month after this began while driving the doors would lock and unlock fast dash warning lights would come on, the instrument panel seemed to keep resetting like the truck was just started, radio would cut out, gear indicator on the dash would jump from d to n to r then back to n. The truck would rev sometimes other times it would do nothing. After parking the truck I would rev the engine everything seemed fine, put my foot on the brake it would happen again. Shut the truck off it has 0 power hazard lights would not even come on. Only way to get the truck to start again is disconnect and reconnect batt. Problem with this it resets the computer and the dealer cannot pull codes. It is currently at the dealer for the 2nd time they said the main fuse seems to be over heating (not blowing but over heating). It is currently on order should be in tomorrow. I have a video of the last time it messed up if anyone has found a resolution to this please let me know.
Old March 2nd, 2014, 6:23 PM
CF Beginner

Same problem on 2008 Suburban, replaced negative battery terminal, 175 Meg ohm fuse, ignition switch, and battery, still intermittent failures. Up to a month between failure, usually on longer trips. Fix...replaced positive terminal with marine style positive battery connector, soldered on new eyelet on each positive cable. This requires rotating the battery 180 degrees so the cable will reach. You could replace the entire positive cable from GM for $250 but why use the same over engineered piece of crap....
Old March 2nd, 2014, 9:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

sounds like the transmission range switch. it sends the signal to the bcm to unlock the doors and signals the trans gear position for the indicator in the cluster. on newer years its internal to the trans, on older years its external.
Old March 24th, 2014, 7:09 PM
CF Beginner

I also have a 2009 Silverado with the same problem. I will be driving down the interstate put my blinker on and that starts the event. The door locks start locking and unlocking. The Traction control starts turning off and on. Sudden loss of power and all gauges start fluctuating then followed by all gauges stop working. Flashers do not work so I can not indicate that there is a problem to anyone around me can only slow down and wait for an opening to get off the road.
Old March 31st, 2014, 12:49 PM
CF Beginner

It seems like you have the same answer for all these matters with this style or model of truck.How about getting it fixed so we can feel a little safer driving your product.
Old April 1st, 2014, 7:04 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by watdog
It seems like you have the same answer for all these matters with this style or model of truck.How about getting it fixed so we can feel a little safer driving your product.

seems like you have no answer at all.
Number of people helped after your post....0. In fact I may be dumber after reading it.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 8:11 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2009 chevy

That was not geared toward you tech 2 that was for the chevy customer service . It seems llike all thier responses are the same.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 8:09 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by watdog
That was not geared toward you tech 2 that was for the chevy customer service . It seems llike all thier responses are the same.
use the quote button
Old April 3rd, 2014, 8:11 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Truckowner
I also have a 2009 Silverado with the same problem. I will be driving down the interstate put my blinker on and that starts the event. The door locks start locking and unlocking. The Traction control starts turning off and on. Sudden loss of power and all gauges start fluctuating then followed by all gauges stop working. Flashers do not work so I can not indicate that there is a problem to anyone around me can only slow down and wait for an opening to get off the road.
is the prndl gear indicator in the dash moving when the problem occurs?
Old April 4th, 2014, 5:47 AM
CF Beginner

Update- problem continues, dealership stated the mega fuse was over heating they replaced it stated if it did it again to change my batt (they said the one in it is 1 size smaller than belongs in it) and the positive batt cable (they said it has corrosion in it). The day I got it back it did it again, got a new batt (the one in it was 610 cca the "next size up" was 615 cca), no issues for 2 months, the other day problem reoccurred recently ordered the positive batt cable will post again once installed. The shift indicator is not the problem but a symptom.

Quick Reply: Door locks cycling while driving