Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2015 Silverado 4x4

Search this Thread

Old October 15th, 2015, 4:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Silverado 4x4 Under carriage rust

I just purchased a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and had a leveling kit put on it today. When on the rack i noticed a lot of rust on the frame and several other spots. The truck has 560 miles on it. I immediately took it back to the dealer and they want to keep it a couple days and put a product on it to kill the rust and recoat it. Is this normal or should I pursue this further. In my opinion you can not stop rust completely. What should I do?

Last edited by snicewonder75; October 16th, 2015 at 8:26 AM.
Old October 20th, 2015, 9:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2014 is going in for the same thing next week. They had an issue (at some plants) where the wax coating on the frame didn't stick and the frames suffer pre-mature rust. The whole wax coating approach is a joke (IMO) so depending on where you live you may want to coat the entire undercarriage with Fluid Film before winter sets in. A buddy of mine does it every year and his 2011 Silverado frame is still in great shape. That's saying a lot for a GM truck frame in Maine.