Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old July 27th, 2015, 2:23 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

Blower problems on 2007 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old November 8th, 2014, 6:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower problems on 2007 Silverado

Hello everyone,

I am having problems with the blower on my 2007 Silverado 1500 classic. I have found in another forum that GM released a (TSB) Technical Sevice Bulletin about the problem. It is TSB # 11046. I cannot find the site where this information is at. I want to find the site where it is listed to take it to my dealership. Someone copied and pasted it in another forum. It states that the repairs are to be made at no charge to the customer. That the vehicle is covered for 10 years from original date of service or 150,000 miles whichever comes first regardless of ownership. Does anyone know where I can find this article? I have searched the GM website and cannot find it. If anyone know where it is and can provide me with a link it would be great. Thanks to anyone who can help.
Old November 9th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Even with a TSB in hand, the dealership will still need to do a diagnostic of the problem to determine if the TSB is applicable to your situation... if it is, then you're all good, if not you will be responsible for the diagnostic fee usually a 1 hr of labor charge or about ~$100....
Work with the dealership service department, don't go waving a TSB at them demanding it be fixed for free unless you already know and have written proof from a certified shop that the TSB applies to your EXACT problem...
Old November 9th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Tsb 11046

Here is the text of the TSB that I found

G.M. SERVICE BULLETIN
Special Coverage Adjustment
Bulletin No.: 11046

Date: April 07, 2011

Subject: 11046.......SPECIAL COVERAGE ADJUSTMENT........Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Blower Not Fully Functional on All Blower Speeds, Inoperative, or Runs Continuously with the IGNITION OFF.

Models:
2003-2006 Chevrolet Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe
2003"-2007" Chevrolet Silverado
2003-2006 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL
2003-2007 GMC Sierra
Equipped with Manual HVAC (CJ3) or Heavy Duty Heater (C42)

Due to part availability, owner letters will be released in phases starting with older model year first. Owners for model year vehicles not included in first phase owner mailing will receive an owner advisory letter.

The letter will inform the customer that parts are not yet available and that another letter will be sent to them when parts become available. A copy of this letter will be attached to the dealer message announcing this bulletin.

In the meantime, if a customer brings their vehicle to the dealership with the condition described in this bulletin, repair the vehicle using the parts called out in this bulletin.

Condition.......On some 2003-2006 model year Chevrolet Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe; GMC Yukon, Yukon XL; and 2003-2007 model year Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra vehicles equipped with a manual heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system (CJ3) or heavy duty heater (C42), the interface between the electrical terminals of the relay Resistor Module and the Wiring Connector that powers the module may be incapable of conducting higher current levels for sustained periods of blower motor operation. In addition, moisture and other contaminants may enter the fresh air intake plenum and contact the internal circuit of the module or corrode the terminals. Either of the above may cause the relay resistor module or wiring connector to overheat, resulting in one or more of the following symptoms:

- The HVAC blower may not function on certain or all blower speed settings
- A burning plastic smell or smoke may be present in the vehicle
- The HVAC blower may run continually with the ignition in the OFF position

IN VERY RARE events, if the above Symptoms are Ignored......A FIRE Could Occur.

..........SPECIAL COVERAGE ADJUSTMENT.......This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of .....10 YEARS or 150,000 MILES(240,000km).....whichever occurs first, from the Date the Vehicle was Originally Placed into Service.......Regardless of Ownership.

Dealer are to install a New Blower Module Connector......and the Repair will be made at No Charge to the Customer.

Important.......For vehicles covered by Vehicle Service Contracts, All eligible Claims with repair orders on or after April 8 2001 are covered by this special coverage and must be submitted using the labor operation codes provided with this bulletin. Claims with Repair orders prior to April 8 2011 must be Sumitted to the Service Contract provider.

Vehicles Involved,
Involved are certain 2003-2006 model year Chevrolet Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe; GMC Yukon, Yukon XL; and 2003-2007 Model year Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra Vehicles equipped with a Manual HVAV (CJ3) or Heavy Duty Heater (C42)

Important,
Dealers are to confirm vehicle eligibility prior to beginning repairs by using the Applicable Warranties section in the Global Warranty Management system.
Old November 13th, 2014, 8:41 AM
CF Beginner

Angry

My friend loaned me his 2003 suburban to test drive it for a couple of weeks before purchasing it.
About 20- 30 minutes on the highway with the blower on high, there was a very strong burning plastic smell. I turned off the fan and the smell dissipated. I tried the same thing the next day with the same result. I checked several websites online and it's a common problem due to a defective Blower Module Connector.
I believe the part number is 19260762, costing $113.88 for the part and $260.00 parts and labor.
I called the Service Department at Grossinger Chevrolet in Palatine, IL and he said GM Service Bulletin 11046 does not apply to my VIN and that bulletin is from Canada.
Old November 13th, 2014, 8:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

bulletin #10240A should cover it.
Old November 15th, 2014, 8:28 AM
CF Beginner

tech2,

The 2003 Suburban has low miles but doesn't meet the 10 year requirement in the SB.
I missed that requirement the first time I read it.
$260 seems reasonable considering the cost of the part and the temperature in my garage in Chicago ;-)

Thanks for your expertise