Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

exhaust

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah im at work till 2 in the morning
Old May 13th, 2009, 12:24 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh, that's right. Forgot... I slept all day, when I didn't have finals. So I'm kinda feelin weird right now.
Old May 13th, 2009, 2:13 AM
CF Active Member

first hand experience went from a single in dual out turbo 2 to true dual glasspacks...sounds amazing and seemed to get up and go a little better
Old May 16th, 2009, 10:44 PM
CF Beginner

Everyone at school told me my truck was way to quite so i cut the stock exhaust and ran true straights no cats with original cherry bomb glass packs, it sounds amazing even after i sank the truck in 5ft of water(need a new motor now, rings are gone), but it still sounds nice, so yeah go with the true duals
Old May 16th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator

Im going to straight pipe it with two Flowmasters, and two cats!(i think trucks run much better with the cats due to there being more backpressure!)Thanks for the ideas guys!!!!
Old May 17th, 2009, 2:38 AM
CF Active Member

That's good man; that's a really good starting place. That's what i'm running now; two flowmasters and two catalytic converters; one on each pipe, true duals. They sound awesome, as far as quality is concerned, you won't be disappointed in the least. If you're going for loudness, though, you may not enjoy it quite as much. Mine isn't as loud as I'd like, but I think my cats might be a bit clogged up from 11 years of use. If you can, I'd highly suggest a set of headers, long tube if you can find them. That'd really set off your exhaust, and I'm very confident that you'd love it. Like I said in a previous post, don't forget your H or X pipe!

Does anybody have any advice on cleaning a catalytic converter? Or is there a way to find out how clogged up they are? I don't exactly have the cash to replace two of them.
Old May 17th, 2009, 9:28 AM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Likewise. I'm doing the same. Pipes come straight off the manifolds to and H-pipe, then Summit Racing cats and Flowmaster 40s

Got a very similar setup on the Camaro minus the cats.
Old May 17th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah thats what im going to do!!! Whats with the x pipe? Suppose to improve performance? And i hate headers I never noticed the difference and i went through two cooked starters! I think they just look cool!
Old May 17th, 2009, 12:26 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Its an H-pipe not an X, though both would work similarly. It lets you hear all 8 cylinders through both pipes and balances the backpressure.
Thats so it doesn't sound like two 4-cylinder battling to stay cranked.
Old May 17th, 2009, 1:47 PM
CF Beginner

i have a 96 chevy k1500 all i did was strait pipe it no muff and its cheap and loud but check ur local laws

Quick Reply: exhaust