Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

exhaust

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2009, 3:44 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

bhaynes, please use punctuation and less abbreviations in your post so we can better understand what you are trying to say. There are old codgers on here probably reading your post wondering what you are talking about lol

Back on subject...
Loud yes, but uncontrolled. Its ok, IMO, to do it on a classic truck or custom muscle car. No offense, but I have always associated it with being "cheap" and "not done right" on a newer model truck. You can put two resonators on there and make it sound a lot more controlled.

I like my mufflers better than straight pipes for another reason as well. I like something thats loud and will turn heads, but not turn them the other way with their eyes slammed shut grimacing at the noise. The best of both worlds I guess you can say. Theres always a balance point.
Old May 18th, 2009, 12:14 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree whole heartedly; straight pipes are loud, but not in the 'Damn, that sounds good!' way; they're just loud. Plus, on a Chevy, you're going to be replacing your valves before you know it with straight pipes; Chevy motors need backpressure to aid in valve closure.

I rather like my exhaust setup (True Dual, one cat on each pipe, one Flowmaster 40 on each pipe); it's not deafening, but I always get compliments on the quality of the sound. I think I may add an H-pipe when I get access to a lift and the necessary equipment.