Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/)
-   -   Heated Seats Question (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/heated-seats-question-53676/)

tech2 November 10th, 2012 12:03 PM

for programming and wiring an hour is a very reasonable labour time.

Where did you go wrong?

raybo100 November 13th, 2012 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by tech2 (Post 231568)
the thermistor is in the cord. If it wasn't, you would not have seen any difference in operation with the new cord.

The ecm can set dtc's when the ect and iat sensor readings fail logic tests, in certain conditions, due to the block heater. Gm has performed ect and harness relocations to prevent this.

the 120volt block heater cord is a stand alone system and has no electrical interaction with a 12volt ecm.

remove the cord and put an ohm meter on it; above -18 degrees it will be open and closed below that temp. the block heater element will read approx 35 ohms at all times.

I guess I am not explaining myself correctly - it is the cars sensors that sense the difference in temp from the outside air to the engine temp if it is more than 10 C after the car has sat for a period of time it assumes there is an engine problem as it is still hot and an error code comes up it will only work when the outside temp is below -18 C ,it is a normal block heater ( this is in Canada only)

tech2 November 13th, 2012 6:34 PM

I am a general motors grand master tech. I work in Canada. I've performed campaigns to correct the conditions you describe. Sounds like you have it all under control.

raybo100 November 18th, 2012 6:38 AM

actually I don't have it under control what is name of campaign so I can go in and get it fixed - Competition Chev in Stony Plain is where I would take it
thanks

tech2 November 18th, 2012 9:15 AM

the bulletin is #10-06-04-008B. Its not a campaign so you will have to pay to get this work done. Your explaination of the concern were vague so I suggest you review it and be sure it applies to your particuluar case.

raybo100 November 18th, 2012 5:57 PM

thanks I will let you know what happens

raybo100 November 19th, 2012 5:42 PM

the very first issue was how to get my factory heated seats to come on with the remote start it is a 08 impala LTZ - the block heater was another issue
all of a sudden I am getting replies I wired the seats wrong etc no wonder people get confused
I did find the bulletin but need to talk to dealer how it works as it only says to move the sensor the other side of the block (maybe making it cool enough not to effect the computor)

tech2 November 23rd, 2012 3:29 PM

Maybe you should read the entire bulletin as there is more than relocating a ect sensor.

I have to unsubscribe from this thread.

raybo100 November 24th, 2012 3:45 AM

I have not had time to go to dealership to see wha all is involved Like you say there is stuff missing from the bulletin
temps have been ok here -15 C the worst so far hopefully I can get moving on this project next week