Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old July 22nd, 2015, 7:23 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

Help with a key fob remote!!

Search this Thread

Old March 15th, 2011, 2:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with a key fob remote!!

I bought a key fob for my 2004 C1500 Silverado followed all the directions to the letter on resetting it. Turn on,,hold lock etc. The key fob makes the locks open and close. then once I turn the key back on and off,,it the key fob won't unlock or lock the truck! Any ideas??
Thanks Jim
Old March 15th, 2011, 6:51 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you program the other fob? You have to program both fobs or they won't operate correctly.
Old March 18th, 2011, 9:21 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by jpsilk2264
I bought a key fob for my 2004 C1500 Silverado followed all the directions to the letter on resetting it. Turn on,,hold lock etc. The key fob makes the locks open and close. then once I turn the key back on and off,,it the key fob won't unlock or lock the truck! Any ideas??
Thanks Jim

Ok,,I am only programing one remote. Like I said,, I did all the directions,,,and it did unlock and lock the door as in the directions. I did turn the key back on,,and removed it,,,it still does not unlock the doors???
Any help?
Thanks alot
Jim
Old March 19th, 2011, 11:40 AM
CF Active Member

GM has made so many different FOB for their cars and trucks that you must have the correct one for your truck. The FCC ID # and the GM # must match the vehicle before the FOB will work correctly. Some of generic brand FOB's don't have any markings on their cases so it makes it difficult to know if it correct.
Old April 5th, 2011, 9:30 PM
CF Beginner

Does anyone know if its possible to re-program the remote so that you can change the functions of the buttons? In other words I have the 6 button remote with starter on top, then lock/unlock side by side, and panic red button at the bottom. Is there a way to change the remote so that the current red panic button becomes the starter button, for example. I am thinking of creative ways to engineer a flip key from my current Tahoe 6 button remote (realizing that I will lose a button), and believe I could do it using the shell of a 2010 5 button Camero flip key by just using the motherboard from my current remote and finding ways for it to fit in the flip key shell. I believe my current remote's motherboard would fit in, and the buttons may be close to lining up, and rather than move the logos on the keys of the Camero remote I wanted to find out about moving the functions of my current remote.