Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

HELP! Tail light not working properly.

Search this Thread

Old October 31st, 2007, 10:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Tail light not working properly.

I have a 95 silverado. The problem is that the tailights work just fine in the daytime, but when I turn on the interior lights/headlights at night the left tailight turns off when I push the brake, and when I put the left turn signal both the left and right reverse lights flash. I am confused and don't know where to begin. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old November 1st, 2007, 12:39 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP! Tail light not working properly.

Sounds like your having some complex electrical issues. Something tells me this is not a common problem, so no one person is going to be able to just tell you the root cause of this problem. It's going to involve some troubleshooting. I wouldn't even be able to tell you where to start until I saw a wiring diagram. If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say a problem with the multi function switch (the switch that controls your turn signals, wipers, high/low beams, etc... Anyways, good luck