Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/)
-   -   Narrowed it down to 3 tire choices (I think)... (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/narrowed-down-3-tire-choices-i-think-35858/)

jcgonzal September 9th, 2010 1:35 AM

Narrowed it down to 3 tire choices (I think)...

I've been shopping around for new tires lately, and think I have it narrowed down to 3 choices. They are:

Yokohama Geolander A/T
Kumho Mohave
BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A

I basically only drive my truck in the city/on the highway, so mud isn't really an issue. I do, however, need the tires to perform well in wet and snow, seeing as how I live in MN. The Geolanders are appealing because of their aggressive looking tread, but I don't want too much road noise. I also want them to last for more than 30,000 miles. Anyone have any suggestions, or possibly other tires you think will fit the bill?

Thumper_ehhhhh September 9th, 2010 8:45 AM

Have falken shoes on my truck. I cant remember the model but if you want it I can go out and see. They have real deep thread and and quiet while driving. They are great in wet weather and dry. My biggest complaint is if your on a grevel road they pick up alot of rocks and when your back on pavement you can hear the clang clang of the rocks hitting the inner wheel well for a couple of miles. In my oppinion they are worth every penny.

CoffeyLover September 9th, 2010 9:14 AM

BFG's all the way!

therewolf September 9th, 2010 10:08 AM

Hi jcgonzal,

Welcome to the Chevy Forums.

I've gotten Bridgestone Vsteel Load range E. They came with the truck, because it was HD, I suppose. They are 10-PLY 80PSI steel belted highway radials, and my last set (as well as getting the crap kicked out of the sidewalls and doing some curb-jumping, at times) went 65,000 miles. And they still had some tread left when I changed them.

Of course, they are a standard highway tread, but for the urban commando, I can't think of a better way to shoe the mare. I liked the first set's performance so much, I got the exact same tire on my custom rims.

Bear in mind these tires are @200$ out the door, which for highway tires isn't everybody's cup of tea.

Mille Racer 69 September 9th, 2010 2:34 PM

I have cheap Mesa's off of a suburban.

I had Falken on my Jaguar and even though they were a different typa tire, they wore very well.

Outa your choices, I would get BFG's.

Thumper_ehhhhh September 9th, 2010 9:24 PM

I had BFG radial TA's on my cutlass. I loved those tires.

dctract October 6th, 2010 7:49 PM

I have never ran any all terrains on my truck, mostly highway tread. I have had 2 sets of Yoko geolander HT, first set I got nearly 60k on them, second set I replaced at 63k, still had at least 5k left on them. Performed very well in wet conditions, not much snow in Alabama

jcgonzal October 6th, 2010 8:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I actually ended up with the Geolanders, they had a deal going and they just look aggressive compared to the other choices. I guess I'll see how they do once the snow falls!

Attachment 13595
Attachment 13596

Cutyourbillz October 6th, 2010 8:16 PM

Hello,
I work as on tires all day everyday and i would have to say you will love the BFGOOD'S I have never heard a complaint about them and plus..Michelin makes them...also a great tire.

planetwister October 6th, 2010 11:38 PM

holy crap there just tires. buy any snow tires and your in business. its not a hard decision? LOL