Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Narrowed it down to 3 tire choices (I think)...

Search this Thread

Old September 9th, 2010, 1:35 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Narrowed it down to 3 tire choices (I think)...

I've been shopping around for new tires lately, and think I have it narrowed down to 3 choices. They are:

Yokohama Geolander A/T
Kumho Mohave
BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A

I basically only drive my truck in the city/on the highway, so mud isn't really an issue. I do, however, need the tires to perform well in wet and snow, seeing as how I live in MN. The Geolanders are appealing because of their aggressive looking tread, but I don't want too much road noise. I also want them to last for more than 30,000 miles. Anyone have any suggestions, or possibly other tires you think will fit the bill?
Old September 9th, 2010, 8:45 AM
CF Active Member

Have falken shoes on my truck. I cant remember the model but if you want it I can go out and see. They have real deep thread and and quiet while driving. They are great in wet weather and dry. My biggest complaint is if your on a grevel road they pick up alot of rocks and when your back on pavement you can hear the clang clang of the rocks hitting the inner wheel well for a couple of miles. In my oppinion they are worth every penny.
Old September 9th, 2010, 9:14 AM
CF Junior Member

BFG's all the way!
Old September 9th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi jcgonzal,

Welcome to the Chevy Forums.

I've gotten Bridgestone Vsteel Load range E. They came with the truck, because it was HD, I suppose. They are 10-PLY 80PSI steel belted highway radials, and my last set (as well as getting the crap kicked out of the sidewalls and doing some curb-jumping, at times) went 65,000 miles. And they still had some tread left when I changed them.

Of course, they are a standard highway tread, but for the urban commando, I can't think of a better way to shoe the mare. I liked the first set's performance so much, I got the exact same tire on my custom rims.

Bear in mind these tires are @200$ out the door, which for highway tires isn't everybody's cup of tea.
Old September 9th, 2010, 2:34 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have cheap Mesa's off of a suburban.

I had Falken on my Jaguar and even though they were a different typa tire, they wore very well.

Outa your choices, I would get BFG's.
Old September 9th, 2010, 9:24 PM
CF Active Member

I had BFG radial TA's on my cutlass. I loved those tires.
Old October 6th, 2010, 7:49 PM
CF Beginner

I have never ran any all terrains on my truck, mostly highway tread. I have had 2 sets of Yoko geolander HT, first set I got nearly 60k on them, second set I replaced at 63k, still had at least 5k left on them. Performed very well in wet conditions, not much snow in Alabama
Old October 6th, 2010, 8:15 PM
CF Junior Member

I actually ended up with the Geolanders, they had a deal going and they just look aggressive compared to the other choices. I guess I'll see how they do once the snow falls!

Name:  SANY0044.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  138.8 KB
Name:  SANY0043.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  130.2 KB
Old October 6th, 2010, 8:16 PM
CF Beginner

Hello,
I work as on tires all day everyday and i would have to say you will love the BFGOOD'S I have never heard a complaint about them and plus..Michelin makes them...also a great tire.
Old October 6th, 2010, 11:38 PM
CF Beginner

holy crap there just tires. buy any snow tires and your in business. its not a hard decision? LOL

Quick Reply: Narrowed it down to 3 tire choices (I think)...