Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/)
-   -   Onstar problems (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/onstar-problems-55033/)

mbartjohnson December 6th, 2012 7:26 PM

Onstar problems

I have a 2012 Silverado LTZ 1500 truck. The mobile app has never worked. Even though the phone number has been changed several times I still cannot receive or place calls in the truck.

Ramoss December 7th, 2012 7:35 AM

I think you should ask your dealer if you need it to work

dgriffith December 7th, 2012 1:51 PM

i would open up a case with onstar..did you actually purchase the minimum 60 minutes through onstar? that is the minimum number of minutes to make the phone work..you still get a phone number assigned even if you never purchased minutes. onstar should be able to guide you whether its an issue on their end or if it needs to be taken to dealer for actual equipment malfunction or failure.

OnStar Advisor December 7th, 2012 3:06 PM

Hi mbartjohnson,

I am very sorry that you are experiencing concerns with the RemoteLink app. I'd like to help. Can you send me a PM with your VIN and the best way to contact you?

Corbin, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

Originally Posted by mbartjohnson (Post 234724)
I have a 2012 Silverado LTZ 1500 truck. The mobile app has never worked. Even though the phone number has been changed several times I still cannot receive or place calls in the truck.

mbartjohnson December 11th, 2012 9:45 PM

damn poor servce!!!

Originally Posted by OnStar Advisor (Post 234785)
Hi mbartjohnson,

I am very sorry that you are experiencing concerns with the RemoteLink app. I'd like to help. Can you send me a PM with your VIN and the best way to contact you?

Corbin, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

Well, got my new Silverado back from dealer. Another # change (long distance #), and now calls will go thru, but the app ONSTAR will not connect my Iphone 4S at all. Now they say it's because we live in Alaska, but everyones cell phones work fine, just Onstar won't work. They bragged this service up big time untill I signed on the dotted line, now "nothing is their fault"

OnStar Advisor December 12th, 2012 9:19 AM

Originally Posted by mbartjohnson (Post 235129)
Well, got my new Silverado back from dealer. Another # change (long distance #), and now calls will go thru, but the app ONSTAR will not connect my Iphone 4S at all. Now they say it's because we live in Alaska, but everyones cell phones work fine, just Onstar won't work. They bragged this service up big time untill I signed on the dotted line, now "nothing is their fault"

Hi mbartjohnson,

I am sorry for your frustration and would really like to assist. I just need your information to proceed. Please send me a PM with your VIN and the best way to contact you.

Corbin, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

chas4x4 December 12th, 2012 11:05 AM

phone #

Originally Posted by OnStar Advisor (Post 235147)
Hi mbartjohnson,

I am sorry for your frustration and would really like to assist. I just need your information to proceed. Please send me a PM with your VIN and the best way to contact you.

Corbin, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

How do you find out what your phone # is on theONStar prone?

OnStar Advisor December 12th, 2012 3:48 PM

Originally Posted by chas4x4 (Post 235164)
How do you find out what your phone # is on theONStar prone?

Hi chas4x4,

To obtain the Hands Free Calling number, press the Hands Free Calling button on your mirror(It should have a telephone on it). After the system says, "OnStar Ready", say "My Number." The system will then recite your number to you.

The number can also be found on your online account at onstar.com and in the right margin of the OnStar Vehicle Diagnostic monthly email.

Hope this helps.

Corbin, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

chas4x4 December 12th, 2012 6:26 PM

Thanks for the info this is my first onstar auto